Author Topic: Parish Records Please  (Read 1065 times)

Offline jay jay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Parish Records Please
« on: Monday 21 July 08 15:23 BST (UK) »
Is it possible  for someone to look-up the Kendal Parish Records for me please.

I am trying to find a marriage between Henry Freeman (born 1791) and Mary Robinson (born 1804 or 1808).  Henry was a Hatter at the time.

I'm sorry that I have no other info except that if the marriage did take place in Kendal, it would have been between 1820-1824 - a large job I know, but I would be eternally grateful for ANY help that anyone could give me.

Many thanks to all.

jay jay     ;)
Freeman - Leeds
Swindells - Disley, Cheshire
Davis - Mickleton, Gloucestershire
Henry Freeman - Crawley (1791)
James Leigh - Staffs
Simmons - Staffs/Warwicks
Dickinson - Yorkshire

Offline genjen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records Please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 July 08 14:57 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I was in Kendal Records Office this morning and I started to search for your Henry Freeman in the parish registers. There didn't seem to be anything in Kendal between 1820 and 1825. In fact, no Freeman marriages at all for those years. I have only checked the main churches so is it possible that they married in,say, the Methodist Chapel or Unitarian Church?

I will try to get back and do some more searching but my visits to the RO are fairly infrequent so it might be some time before I manage it.

If you have any other information to go on, it would be useful as there are lots of possible churches in the surrounding villages.

Jen
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

ESS: Howe French Cant Annis Noakes Turner Marshall Makerow Duck Spurden Harmony
SCT: Howe Shaw Raitt Milne Forsyth Birnie Crichton Duncan McBeath Daniel Hay Robertson Jaffrey Smith McDonald Alexander Craighead
NRY: Bushby Smith Bland Iley Cunion Kendrew Thornbury Favell Lonsdale Crossland Rudd Pratt Gibson
WES; Dickenson Jackson Ewbank Waller
STS: White
SRY: Knight
DUR: Smith Littlefair
HAM: Williams Grose Lush Venson

Offline jay jay

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records Please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 July 08 20:57 BST (UK) »
Oh Jen,

Fantastic - how kind of you to look at those records for me.

I'm afraid it is going to be a process of elimination - Henry was married either in Birmingham or Kendal.  As yet, nothing has turned up in either!  I did think the chances of him marrying in Kendal were much greater but who knows.......

Anyway, thanks very much once again, and if you are able to do any more searching on my behalf I would be eternally grateful.  Good luck with your own searching.

jay jay     :D
Freeman - Leeds
Swindells - Disley, Cheshire
Davis - Mickleton, Gloucestershire
Henry Freeman - Crawley (1791)
James Leigh - Staffs
Simmons - Staffs/Warwicks
Dickinson - Yorkshire