Author Topic: henry charles or charles henry smith age 23 east hagbourne berkshire prior 1889  (Read 6075 times)

Offline ann1939

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: henry charles or charles henry smith age 23 east hagbourne berkshire prior 1889
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 24 July 08 17:16 BST (UK) »
yes I have the marriage certificate  and Banns gives no address for either.. just East Hagbourne. the witnesses were willie mills and Edith Mills this surname being on Adas side was her mothers maiden name. charles was 23 batchelor a dealer. Ada was 20 spinster. father to charles was charles smith and Ada father was Joseph Andrews carpenter.both signed in there own hand. charles  died 1929 age 69 a
 cattle dealer so his age on marriage cert and death certificate differs to what is correct by 6yrs.I have seen the actual marriage certificate and clearly says age 23 I was hopping 23 might have been 28 no such luck.
I have been able to follow him from approx 1889 to 1929 just cant get that link to know were he was before he got married????
thankyou all for your help, always just that pinch of info and I would sail away. its out there somewere/
Ann nee smith
Smith charles Henry or henry charles of East Hagbourne married 1889 age 23 to Ada Andrews

Offline jamajo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My lovely gran
    • View Profile
Re: henry charles or charles henry smith age 23 east hagbourne berkshire prior 1889
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 24 July 08 17:39 BST (UK) »

Not given up yet :) :)

There is a tree on a------y that says Henry Charles Smith b 1866 Bristol, It doesnt give parents

names im afraid but does give Ada Ellen Andrews as his wife. It goes back with Adas family.

May be worth looking into :) :) :)

Sue :) :)

Norris  ( Somerset, Oxfordshire )
Evans  ( Berkshire )
Goodenough ( Berkshire )
Lloyd  ( Berkshire, Canada)
Dance ( Berkshire, Portsea, USA, )
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ann1939

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 24 July 08 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue  its probably my daughters tree on Ancestry..I have a tree there as well. I have come to the conclusion many times that my grandfather never knew were he was born or his age. and nor did anyone else. thanks so much for the imfo .over the past 20 years I keep picking him up hopeing somethink will link to him but after another fruitless time,I usualy go to other parts of the family. thought my mother would have been hard with a maiden name OWEN from Wales but she came from a  family line of Ministers and the likes.
sincerely
Ann nee SMITH
Smith charles Henry or henry charles of East Hagbourne married 1889 age 23 to Ada Andrews