Author Topic: Margaret Johnston m. William Waldie - daughter Agnes 1840's  (Read 3616 times)

Offline tstellato

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Margaret Johnston m. William Waldie - daughter Agnes 1840's
« on: Monday 24 January 05 20:36 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information regarding Margaret Johnston or William Waldie.

They had at least one daughter Agnes in 1845.  All three emigrated to Canada in 1852.

Please let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks
Tara

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Johnston m. William Waldie - daughter Agnes 1840's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 March 05 17:27 GMT (UK) »
William Waldie was born c1810.
He married Margaret Johns(t)on in Bunkle,Berwick,Scotland on May 11 1838.
In my files all that I have for children are: Margaret born Oct 4 1860 in Coldingham,Berwickand there was an Agnes born c 1845.
Sorry I no other info.Have you tried reading films at the LDS for that area and time frame? Good luck.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline Ron Shaw

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 December 05 21:22 GMT (UK) »
There was a group of at least six Waldies who came to Canada (probably in the 1820s) from somewhere around Duns, Berwickshire. They settled along the St. Lawrence in southern Ontario around Gananoque and Lansdowne. I don't have them sorted out but there was Abram (b.1804?) and Elizabeth (b.1794?) who seem to be brother and sister. Then there was a Thomas Waldie (whose obituary says he was the youngest of three brothers who all emigrated) ... we think these were Thomas (b.1809?), William (b.1798) and Robert (b.1800?). Then there was an Agnes (b.1806?) who is thought to have been another sister. If these were all one family their mother's maiden name was proably Murray. Then there is another Elizabeth Waldie (b.1818)connected to this group in some way. William Waldie (b.c1798) ... one of the three assumed brothers ... and his wife Isabella Lyndsay (b.1805) were my g.g.g.grandparents ... they were from Duns/Dunse, Berwickshire. I have a few additional details which may provide you a few clues if this sounds useful. How can I supply off-line?

Offline Polly7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 January 06 07:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ron,

I can't remember if I've been in touch with you or not, but William and Isabella Waldie are my ancestors too.  Would you be interested in sharing any information?  I don't have a lot, but you're welcome to what I do.

Thanks,

Lois
Annetts - Winterslow, Wiltshire, England
Jackson - Carlow / Wexford, Ireland
Bradley - Wexford, Ireland
Kendall - Bedfordshire, England