Author Topic: Burton - Birth records  (Read 559 times)

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
Burton - Birth records
« on: Saturday 26 July 08 19:49 BST (UK) »
I am just trying to establish a direct link in respect of a family member.  William Burton was born around 1786.  Census records indicate he was from Nuneaton although he later moved to Hinckley.  I have been provided with details of a William Burton being christened at St Nicolas Church, Nuneaton on 20 Jan 1791 and although possible i am not certain this is him.

William married Mary Morris in Hinckley at St Mary's church on 26 July 1818.  Witnesses were Sarah Burton and James Burton.  These two people may hold the key to clarifying William Burton's details as i imagine they were related.  I note that a Sarah Burton is living next door to William Burton in the 1871 census.  This states her as a widow aged 85 and from Hinckley.  From a little research i have found that Sarah Burton (nee Toon?) appears to have married a Charles Burton on 19/04/1813 at St Mary's Hinckley.  Charles seems to have died 20 Jan 1841 aged 48 and i sadly can't find him on any census' to see if he was from Nuneaton or Hinckley.  This would put his birth date as around 1793.  Could Charles be William's brother?

Therefore, i am just wondering if anyone can please lookup William Burton (b circa 1786), Charles Burton (b circa 1793) and a James Burton (b pre 1800) in the Hinckley or Nuneaton area.  I cannot help but think that there is a link here somewhere and finding further details of the birth of these people may help me to establish parentage and a possible link.

Thanks in advance.

TB