Author Topic: Geraghty, Farrelly, Sheridan from Ballinagh  (Read 10351 times)

Offline kay bird

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Geraghty, Farrelly, Sheridan from Ballinagh
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 November 08 08:22 GMT (UK) »
HI  CATE, Thanks for last info. If we cover all costs could we have all copies of any certificates that you have .If thats all right   thanks Kay

Offline Cate

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 26 November 08 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kay
The copies of the certificates I have came from Ann so if you are in touch with her I'm sure she would be able to help you.
Cheers
Cate
Parlour, Weale, Allwood - Herefordshire, Glamorgan.
Davies - Merthyr Tydfil

Offline kay bird

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 26 November 08 09:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your help Kay

Offline Wales2009

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 24 August 09 09:15 BST (UK) »
My great grandfather was Miles Aloysius Geraghty (1857) and his first marriage was to Margaret Barry (1862) in South Australia.  Margaret died after the birth of their youngest child (Miles).  Their fourth child Patrick was my grandfather.  Miles Aloysius' second married was to Margaret O'Donnell - no children.  Miles Aloysius' and his brother Patrick migrated to South Australia from Ireland.  They both had small farms in Oakbank c1887 and moved to Coonawarra in South Australia c1906.  My grandfather Patrick married Catherine Agnes Smith.  They moved from Coonwarra to Port MacDonnell in South Australia.

I would be really keen to hear from anyone who has any information on the family, both the Australian and Irish connections ...

Offline Brad1954

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 27 February 11 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello!

My great great grandfather is also Miles Geraghty! The first daughters name of Miles and Margaret is Bridget Mary, who was born in 1884. Her first daughter is Myrtle Adeline, my grandma.

Cheers

Bradley

Offline Cate

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 27 February 11 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bradley
We are also descended from Bridget Geraghty - via William Carson, Bridget's third child. Myrtle had 4 children and I am in touch with 2 of them, Les and Lorna. Are you a member of George's family?
Would love to PM you but until you have a few more posts on Rootschat, the personal message system does not work for security reasons.
Regards
Cate
Davies - Merthyr Tydfil

Offline Brad1954

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 28 February 11 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cate,

I am not really a member of George´s family, but of Lorna. She is my Mum. I am living in Germany. We are trying to get a lot of informations for our family tree.

Best regards

Bradley

Offline Cate

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 28 February 11 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bradley - I have sent you a friend request via Facebook - Robyn and Ann are already in my contacts. I've been doing a lot of research on the family over the past few years and would be more than happy to pass on any information that you don't have. Your Mum may still have our email address - C. and A. in Qld. Regards  :)
Davies - Merthyr Tydfil

Offline KateSNZ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 05 July 23 01:24 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am excited to find a number of you who are related to Miles/Myles Geraghty.  My sister and I are researching Dad's side of the family.  Miles Aloysius Geraghty was our GG Grandfather.  His son, John Augustine Geraghty (born in Australia) was our G Grandfather.  John married Bessie Farrelly in Florida and had two children (Patrick b 1908 Florida and Bessie/Elizabeth b 1910 San Francisco).  We believe that Bessie (the mother) died either in the US or shortly after travelling to Glasgow (there is a record showing a mother and two children matching this family - presumably on the way to Ireland).  Dad always understood that John was in the army but we are yet to find records of this.
All the names discussed in these posts are familiar from our family tree!!  We would love to connect with others either from John's line or back  from Miles' line.
Thank you
Kate (New Zealand)
Galligan, Conway, Farrelly, Geraghty (Virginia and Munterconnaught (Co Cavan).