Author Topic: Graham Family to Pennsylvania  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Gwyneth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Graham Family to Pennsylvania
« on: Wednesday 30 July 08 14:04 BST (UK) »

From Lancaster County (PA) Deed Abstracts, Deed Book A through M (1729 through 1770)

John Graham of Maddyroon, PA, died in Nov 1763, leaving will giving 200 pounds to his brothers and children of his brothers in Ireland. At the time of his death, he had three brothers living in Tullywinny, Loughgilly parish, Armagh County; George, Robert and James Graham. Another brother William had died 15 years ago in Tullywinny, leaving 7 children: James, William, George, Samuel, Robert, David and Agnes, all over 21. These heirs leave John Lockart of Mullaglass who is bound for NY to receive legacy.

My husband is descended from this family.
Atkins, Wilson, Thompson, Burton, Simpler, Rodney, Webb, Walton, Bagwell, Stockley, Copes, Curtis, Hill, Hollyman, Parker, Bagwell, Leatherbury, Cotton, Graves, Melson

Offline redcam

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Family to Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 August 08 22:54 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I came across your posting regrading your husband's descent through Grahams at Tullywinny.
I am descended as well through Grahams of Tullywinny and suspect we may have a connection as the families were all connected.
My Grahams immigrated to Canada abt 1879/80 with spouses ,etc as well as some of the spouse's parents ( and birth family siblings).
I am most interested in speaking with you as I have hit a dead end moving back in time  and we are currently stuck at David Graham ( abt 1821-1825)(  his parents were David and Mary Graham of Tullywinny while his known children were David who married Margaret Jane nee Patterson ,John(my line) who married Catherine Maria  nee Patterson, Mary Ann and Margaret who both married Greenaway brothers ). The 2 spouses of John and David were sisters as well.
Please contact me at redcam at shaw.ca
I look forward to hearing from you.

Kim:)

Offline Gwyneth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 13:27 BST (UK) »

Thank you, Kim, for your response and information sent in a PM. I wonder if some of the early Graham families in Pennsylvania (1700s) joined the later Graham families in Canada (1800s) and whether descendants kept in contact with Grahams in Tullywinny!

Best wishes on your search!

Gwyneth aka Carole
Atkins, Wilson, Thompson, Burton, Simpler, Rodney, Webb, Walton, Bagwell, Stockley, Copes, Curtis, Hill, Hollyman, Parker, Bagwell, Leatherbury, Cotton, Graves, Melson

Offline cathy44

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 November 22 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I read this post today with interest.
My GG grandmother was Sarah Ann Graham. She emigrated to Australia in 1844 with her husband Thomas McClenahan.

Sarah was born in County Armagh abt 1822. Her father was George Graham and her mother was Jane. She possibly had a brother James who landed in Sydney in 1858 from California and was last heard of in New Zealand.

I have a DNA match with a family member of the Grahams in Canada. There was a David Graham whose son John emigrated to Canada. I am wondering if David was a cousin of Sarahs as David is shown on one tree as having an Uncle named George.

I hope this all makes sense. Has anyone else come across any information showing a Sarah Graham being related or DNA matches with people in Australia related to the McClenahan family?

Regards
Catherine

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile