Author Topic: DAVIES / DAVIS ~ London/Lancs/Hereford  (Read 1230 times)

Offline Dartmoor

• RootsChat Member
  • DAVIES * MAHER * MOORHOUSE * STENTON * MAYBANK
    • View Profile
DAVIES / DAVIS ~ London/Lancs/Hereford
« on: Thursday 31 July 08 09:58 BST (UK) »
Looking for all Davies names and varients.

I'm particularly interested in stonemasons whose names are from the Chelsea/Battersea/Brompton/Edmonton area of London, Blackburn/Crosby area of Lancashire and Ross on Wye/Hereford area of Herefordshire.

I have a growing database with names I'm willing to do a look up, just give me PM with your request and details.

Offline erndeb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DAVIES / DAVIS ~ London/Lancs/Hereford
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 October 08 11:24 BST (UK) »
hi there i have william davies born in 1845 then his son william thomas davies 1865 born flint then for some reason unknown to me he moved  to the north east & married a elizabeth jane stoves dob 1869 had a son william davies 1891 1951 from then the surname changed to davis and i cant find why the only reason ifound this was my fathers funeral when his sister said that they did drop the e from davies but that was back in 85 before i started my tree thanks ernie

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 October 08 11:41 BST (UK) »
ernie, welcome to rootschat.
hasve you looked at the list of Davies in Members Interests borad... go to the bottom of this page and click on the link.   There may be some there that connect to you... also put your surnames in the database for others to find you.

charlotte

Offline erndeb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 October 08 23:03 BST (UK) »
thanks charlotte sorry bit late but seems a bit long winded trying expecting too find the surnames you want and you have too trawl through pages & pages thanks again ....ernie