Author Topic: Manus Diamond Derry  (Read 3207 times)

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Manus Diamond Derry
« on: Friday 01 August 08 13:07 BST (UK) »
I  am trying to find  information on Manus Diamond,born around Kilrea area 1816.  By 1841 he was in Glasgow, but was wondering if any type of records may exist  before this time while he was in Ireland.   Grateful for any leads of any kind.  Thankyou.    Ab.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Manus Diamond Derry
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 August 08 13:13 BST (UK) »
Diamond is a common name in Kilrea area. You would probably need to know what townland your Manus Diamond lived in or some other sort of details to locate him in Co. Londonderry.
Fragments of 1831 census for Co. Londonderry survive but you would need to know the townland (and it only lists head of household with numbers of males and females in the household and their religion).
There are Diamond headstones in St. Patrick's Parish Churchyard and Drumagarner R.C. Churchyard.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline ab

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Manus Diamond Derry
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 January 11 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Had almost given up ever finding Manus Diamond,s  original hometown, when I came accross the name in the 1831 census of Kilrea. [Moynoche]  Does anyone know an address [parish church etc] of any kind I could write to to see if they still hold records in order to ascertain if it is my ancestor?

I found his death in Glasgow,but it only says born Ireland.
His parents were  Charles Diamond and Sarah Mc Phail, if anyone recognises these names.
     Regards ab