Author Topic: Averillo and Buxton family deaths  (Read 3757 times)

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Averillo and Buxton family deaths
« on: Sunday 03 August 08 12:57 BST (UK) »
Hi

If anyone has access to death records I am trying to find the following deaths:

Peter Averillo born 1722 in Devon, was an attorney at law in London, no idea when he died but presumably before 1820

Elizabeth Averillo (Buxton) his third wife, they married 1771 at St Leonards, Shoreditch.  She was born 1739 in Diss, Norfolk but presumably before 1840 and again I think in London

Hannah Buxton wife of John born 1760 in Hertfordshire, married 1789 in Wormley, Herts, her three children were born 1789 to 1793 in Cheshunt but her husband died 1840 in Hackney.

I would be very grateful if anyone managed to find any of these deaths.

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Buxton family deaths
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 August 08 13:14 BST (UK) »
Google Books

A List of Wills, Administrations, Etc. in the Public Record Office, London, England, 12th-19th Century: From a Typewritten Copy in the Public Record Office

extract
May 1792 Peter Averillo

perhaps an administration since PCC wills (but not administrations) are indexed online

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 August 08 13:21 BST (UK) »
Brilliant Valda  ;D

That gives me something to aim for.  I am pretty sure I searched on the NA site for a will for Peter, thinking he was an attorney I thought he might have left a will but nothing came up there.

thank you

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 20 February 09 10:27 GMT (UK) »
I now have Peter Averillo's will and he died in 1792 in Shoreditch and it would appear that Elizabeth Averillo his wife died before him (she is mentioned as being late in the Will). 

As he wanted to be buried with her she died in Shoreditch as well I imagine.  He is quite specific about his wishes about his burial and mentions the church in Shoreditch, (I think there is more than one though??)

A possible clue is the fact they married in 1771 at St Leonards, Shoreditch.

Is anyone able to find their death or burials.

Thank you.

Kerry

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Averillo and Buxton family deaths
« Reply #4 on: Friday 20 February 09 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kerry

In the time slot it is only likely to be St Leonard's Shoreditch if he was buried in a churchyard in Shoreditch. The parish registers are held at the Guildhall, though the LMA also has the microfilm copies. I've done searches in St Leonards burial registers for a slightly later time slot. It is time consuming because of the sheer weight of numbers of burial. I'm not sure how they kept up the pace.

St Leonards burials are now on the London Burials Index 1538-1872 (only an index so doesn't give exact dates) but it should find all the possibel Averillos and narrow down the year of Elizabeth's death.

http://www.origins.net/help/aboutbo-blb.htm

Regards

Valda

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 20 February 09 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Valda

Unfortunately I had already tried Origins but to no avail which is why I thought I would try rootschat  :-\

Kerry

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 20 February 09 14:04 GMT (UK) »
Kerry

Unles therefore both have been mistranscribed on the index or I've got the coverage dates incorrect (and I was a bit surprised that it seemed to have C18th coverage - so that might be worth checking) they aren't buried at St Leonard's Shoreditch. Were they non-conformists?

Regards

Valda

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 20 February 09 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Valda

That sounds worth trying.  I'm not aware that they were non conformists but then I know so little of them currently.

I have just reread the will and it says

'and my Body I commit to the Earth (from whence it came to be decently interred in the same grave with my late dear wife Elizabeth was interred) in case I shall happen to die in the county of Middlesex or within twenty miles thereof or City of London between the two vaults of the late Mr Green of Shoreditch Baker and the Reverend Mr Bromhead or Bromfield near the New Watch House in the burying Ground before the Church of Shoreditch aforesaid....'

As he doesn't mention a Church aforesaid perhaps the New Watch House is a Chapel??

Kerry

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 20 February 09 16:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kerry

I'd check through Biker's rough guide to burial grounds and see if any in the Shoreditch area are mentioned.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,128585.0.html

Regards

Valda