Author Topic: Frank Lesley London born 1935?  (Read 16178 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Lesley London born 1935?
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 19 August 08 16:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy

Is that the full index or the partial one on freebmd?

The full index involves downloading the images for each quarter and checking for the name
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline andycadman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Time Wasted is Time Lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 19 August 08 17:24 BST (UK) »
I went through the full index on Ancestry - rather time consuming and tedious over that time line  - perhaps I missed something - Andy
The main names that I am researching into at the moment are Cadman,(originating from Bulkington, Warwickshire), Smedley, (Leicestershire and Derbyshire), Paynes (Leicestershire, Yorkshire and Derbyshire) and Udall - you will also find several other names on my web page. I look forward to E-Mails from anyone who would like to share or talk about our family history.

Offline andycadman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 26 August 08 20:48 BST (UK) »
The death certificate of Matilda London arrived today.

However it tells us zilch about Frank Lesley,  but . . . . . .

Name and Surname is given as Matilda London otherwise Moore

It also says of 4, Appletree Road, Stanfree, Bolsover,  (right address).

Widow of Jack Moore a Coal Carter  - so she was living with William James London but not married to him.  So . . . . .

Is Frank Lesley the son of Matilda – so far may be not – but not definite

Is Frank Lesley the illegitimate son of  William originally registered under a different name but took up the London name later – possibly. 

Was Frank Lesley adopted by William (and Matilda) –  just something else to add to the puzzle.

Also the death was reported by E Dobb, Daughter (of Matilda) but could have been either the daughter or step daughter of William.  Three members of the Dobbs died in the Cresswell mining disaster.

So what next? So far the full Ancestry birth indexes have reveled very little.

Andy
The main names that I am researching into at the moment are Cadman,(originating from Bulkington, Warwickshire), Smedley, (Leicestershire and Derbyshire), Paynes (Leicestershire, Yorkshire and Derbyshire) and Udall - you will also find several other names on my web page. I look forward to E-Mails from anyone who would like to share or talk about our family history.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 26 August 08 21:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy

When did Frank Lesley die?

It certainly looks as though Matilda never married William but was known as his wife hence the newspaper report

We have a 15 year gap between Frank Lesley's assumed birthyear (1935) and William James's death (1950) when anything could have happened

Was William ever married - no marriage can be found

If he was - did he leave his wife in favour of Matilda so they were unable to marry as she was still alive?

Did Jack Moore die before 1950 - if so, what was stopping William & Matilda from marrying?

Unless (old) living relatives are found - I doubt you will ever get the right answers.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline andycadman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 26 August 08 22:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks again Carol.

More questions - what you say is true.

The answer may still lie in the local newspapers of the time, (early 1950's).

Perhaps a trip to Chesterfield Local Studies Library may give an answer, when the time is available.

Andy