Author Topic: Thomas's  (Read 9058 times)

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Thomas's
« on: Monday 04 August 08 17:10 BST (UK) »
hello board I wonder if there is any one out there who could help I was tracing my gg/mother a Mary Brodigan who married a LLewelyn Turner they had 7 children and Lew ranoff with somebody else,Mary died and when I sent for her death/cert it stated present at he death her niece Mary Brodigan,Ive traced her to marrying a WILLIAM THOMAS born Liverpool but moved to Wrexham with his family they are on the 1881cen RG11 5518/127 page29 living in Old Toll House Ruthin Rd in the 1901 cen he's still there but with Mary and their children,It is these Thomas's that I am trying to track down does anybody else have any information on them Thank you Bernadine
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas's
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 August 08 14:29 BST (UK) »
hello again I really don't know where to go next,I wonder if anyone has a directory to see if they still lived in the Old Toll House in 1911.I know it is one of the popular names in Wales but please are there any Thomas's who have a Brodigan or Turner connection? I would be most grateful for any help  Thanks Bernadine
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 August 08 20:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Bernadine, if you post the info you have from the 1881 I'll see if I can find anything in parish registers.

Paul

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 August 08 09:07 BST (UK) »
Many thanks here goes I am looking for the family of this couple William Thomes Reg11 5518/127 page29Cen 1881 WrexhamAbbot Denbigh Wales he married a Mary Brodigan from Louth Drogheda Ireland,on23/12/1896 in Wrexham,The Thomas's children all born Liverpool so they must of moved to The Old Toll House just prior to 1881 cen,I have them 1901 cen living at that same address but the couple are married and have a young family,It is this family I am trying to trace.Mary is part of my family she came over to help her aunt(my gg/mother) who was deserted by her husband Llewelyn Turner,the family all got split up I think one of them Richard Mark was with her because hes on the 1901 cen at the Toll Hse,Mary and Thomas both gave as address Offa Terr Bersham on wedding cert  Thanks Bernie

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 August 08 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernie

Got your message. I'll see if I can help  :)

Do you want descendants or are you trying to work out the Brodigan/Turner link?

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 13 August 08 21:40 BST (UK) »
Right, one thing at a time.

This is the family in 1881:

Old Toll House, Ruthin Road, Wrexham (Abbot) RG11/5518/127 page 29/30

John Thomas, 33, warehouse clerk,
Mathilda, 31
Martha, 10
William, 7
Sarah, 2
Estol(?), 11mths

all down as b. Liverpool

North Wales BMD has a civil marriage in Wrexham for William to Mary Brodigan in 1896.

Pentrellwygadd, Marchwiel
RG13/5215 Folio 57 Page 10

William Thomas, 26, shift man at colliery, b. Liverpool
Mary, 27, b. Ireland
John, 3, b. Wrexham
Richard Turner, cousin, unm?,  21, shift man at colliery, b. Ruabon
HarrietTurner, cousin, 18 unm?, b. Wrexham

It looks as if Richard and Harriet were,maybe, Mary's cousins from this - children of your ancestor and Llewellyn Turner.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 14 August 08 15:18 BST (UK) »
oh you clever girl and thank you yes Richard Mark was her cousin one of the kids she looked after when her aunt was deserted by Llewwlyvn Turner my grandmother Mary Elizabeth was another one,I had a posting on the Liverpooland south lancs board for Llewelyn turner and that is how I found out about Mary Brodigan it was her aunts name too(mygg/mother fron Drogheda)It was where they went after the 1901 cen they are living in the old Toll hse which his family lived in when they left Liverpool,are there any directories that will tell us that? she must of met him and married him while she looked after the kids  I thank you so much,how did you learn to find all these sites?  love Berniex

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 14 August 08 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernie

I'm not sure how you can find who was living in the Old Toll House after 1901. The family  don't seem to be there then.

1901 for William's parents:

11 Offa Terrace, Bersham, Wrexham
RG13/5219 Folio 123 Page 17

John S Thomas , 53, hawker, b. Liverpool
Mathilda, 57, b. Liverpool
John, 20, tailor, b. Liverpool
Chile(?), 15, b. Wrexham
Frederick, 14, b. Wrexham
Thomas Davenport,  boarder, single, 50, roadman, b. Wales, NK
Hilda Thomas, grddaughter, 1, b. Bersham

It might be that you have to wait until next year for the 1911 census. There might be some directories but I'm not sure that that would really help much. Possibly some electoral registers  :-\

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 14 August 08 16:29 BST (UK) »
Just to fill in the gap:

11 Offa Terrace, Bersham, Wrexham
RG12/4619 Folio 115 page 33

John Thomas, 42, hawker, b. Liverpool
Mathilda,  40, b. Liverpool
William, 18, general labourer, b. Liverpool
Sarah, 12, b. Liverpool
John E, 11, b. Liverpool
Gertrude, 8, b. Wrexham
Edgar, 5, b. Wrexham
Frederick, 1, b. Wrexham
Edwin, 1, b. Wrexham

I'll check up on the Turners b. Ruabon/Wrexham