Author Topic: Thomas's  (Read 9056 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas's
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 16 August 08 12:11 BST (UK) »
No year is given for the Marriage.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 16 August 08 12:27 BST (UK) »
Well, the NW BMD doesn't have them and neither, so far, does FreeBMD  ::) 

The 1901 does have them as married - I've had another look - Ms and Us looking the same but the page has S for Single!

I'm not familiar with the RC Churches in that particular bit - would it have been Wrexham?

It might be worth contacting the person on GR to ask for a date  :D

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 16 August 08 13:05 BST (UK) »
I will contact the person on GR Gadget.Looking again at the Tree on GR has led me to the following Census entries for Llewelyn Turner in 1891 and 1901.In 1891 he is living in Brinsworth Rotherham Yorkshire listed as Louis L Turner born in "Wales,Denbeigh,Derbyshire,England" in c 1849.Also listed is Annie "Turner" his Wife given as born in "Wales,Denbeigh,Derbyshire,England" iin c 1861.and a "Winnifred" Turner daughter given as born in Catcliffe Yorkshire in c 1890.RG12/3847/121/36.The corresponding Family in 1901 are living in Cleobury Mortimer Shropshire.This time the Family are listed as Louis Turner born in Bradford Yorkshire in 1852,His Wife Annie given as born in Keighley Yorkshire in c 1860.Children given are Winifred born in Catcliffe Yorkshire in c 1891,Annie born in Catcliffe in c 1894,Harry born in Catcliffe in c 1895,Louis born in Catcliffe in c 1896,and Percy born in Highley Shropshire in c 1900.RG13/2516/48/11.In both Census years "Louis" is given as an Engine Driver-Stationary.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 16 August 08 13:25 BST (UK) »
I think Annie must be the 'barmaid' that Bernie referred to.

Gadget  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 17 August 08 09:33 BST (UK) »
hello My second name is after this lady she was a cook in the Royal Inf Liverpool,she never married but lived with my grandmother her sister Mary Elizabeth,after my Gran died she lived with my mums sister Muriel,she was a R/C because she was brought up by we think the Irish relatives must of been the Thomas's because they are the only Irish connection to the family that I know of,the reason I have tried to untangle them is I went to Drogheda with my mum when I was 5(60 yrs ago) with us went an Uncle Pat and my mums cousin? Bernard he would of been about 30 odd when we went to Drogheda and he lived in a place name Ninehouses i think its either Shotton or Connors Quay,he suffered from Alapecia? always wore a black trilby and I recall he married somebody named Ruth,I have no idea who the Harriet can be,that is indeed another puzzle   I really do thank you for your help  you are a very generous ladyx  Bernie
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 17 August 08 09:39 BST (UK) »
I am amazed with the help I have rec and I think both of you really are excellent with your research can I ask how long you have been researching? I only hope I can improve with mine thank you both so much I really do appreciate it   Bernadine
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 14:30 BST (UK) »
Further info from Turner contacts on GR leads to the Marriage of Richard Turner and Harriet Davies taking place at South Shields Durham in the April Quarter of 1900.The GRO reference for the Marriage is Volume 10a,Page 1441.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 19:08 BST (UK) »
Isn't it wonderful all this information that is coming in? I live in the Scottish Borders 1 hr from Edinburgh and 1 hr from Newcastle so I will try and get to Shields to see what |I can find out,I would dearly love to know what happened to the Turner Kiddies when Mary was left I wonder if her Turner relations helped out I do know Lews father Edward had Julia Ann staying with him,but there again when his wife died he replaced her with a much younger version very quickly,These Turner men are something else I hope our Stephen Turner does not take after them!! he will have a good laugh at that,I will keep digging I have joined Genes Reunited so heres hoping  Thank you for your help you are a real gentleman  Bernadine

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 19:50 BST (UK) »
Steady on Bernie you'll have me believing it!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire