Author Topic: 1861 GT YARMOUTH LOOK UP  (Read 679 times)

Offline jacqui01

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1861 GT YARMOUTH LOOK UP
« on: Tuesday 25 January 05 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I would be grateful if anyone could lookup the Lamb family in Gt Yarmouth. Im looking for information on my great grandfathers family. He was Richard Lamb and would have been around 9 years old in 1861.

Thanks

Jacqui
longhurst, lamb, irvine,pearce, priddy, greensmsith, fletcher,reeves, miller, burnett

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 GT YARMOUTH LOOK UP
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 18:13 GMT (UK) »
HI Jacqui,

THere are just under 700 pages of census covering Great yarmouth could you narrow it down a bit.
 Do you know where he was christened ?
 Do you have him on any other census??

All the best Angelal.

Offline jacqui01

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

Thanks for trying. I know Lamb is quite a common name in norfolk but I didnt realise it was that common.

I don't have much to go on as yet. I have him on the 1881 census aged 29 born Yarmouth occupation shipwright living at 20 Lower James St, Minster in Sheppey Kent.

I don't know where he was living in 1871 but I thought that he would be still living in Yarmouth in 1861 as a 9 year old.

Im sorry thats all I have to go on. I've only just started to follow that side of my family.

Thanks for your help.

Jacqui
longhurst, lamb, irvine,pearce, priddy, greensmsith, fletcher,reeves, miller, burnett

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Try seeing where he was in 1871 there are plenty of people willing to do 1871 lookups for you on this site. Then we might get a clue as to where he was from Ok.

It all depends on his parents they could have left Yarmouth when he was only a baby.

See what you can find out on the 1871 ok

Sorry I can't be of any more Help than that ok.

Good Luck and all the best Angela.

Offline jacqui01

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Angela

Thanks for your help. I will see what else I can come up with any maybe get back to you.

Once again thanks for taking the trouble to try and help me.

Jacqui