Author Topic: Dines Family of Killinchy  (Read 8844 times)

Offline DYNESD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dines Family of Killinchy
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 December 22 08:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much for the information on George Dines of Killinchy. Irishgeneology is a great site. I had looked on familysearch at the Presbyterian church records Killinchy which starts from 1835. There is no mention of George Dines which may not be a total surprise. On Ros Davies Down web site there is the following........  George   DEINES/DEINS/ DINES Killinchy   husband of Mary ; father of George bpt. 30 Nov 1828 & Robert bpt. 14 Aug 1831 & Robert (sic) bpt. 6 Jan 1833 & Alexander bpt. 28 May 1843 at Killinchy Church of Ireland. Although the notation is still unclear the Church of Ireland killinchy records for marriages and burials are only from 1819 to 1876  so this may not provide any useful information.Will see what comes out of my proni enquiry which I will pass on in due course. Thank you again .

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline DYNESD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 December 22 21:05 GMT (UK) »
First of all many thanks particularly to gaffy and kiltaglassan for their comments ...its really appreciated. That information in time will I am sure will open up valuable lines of enquiry. . This is a great site. My proni  enquiry re Church of Ireland Killinchy records for my 4th times grandfather George Dines was inconclusive. I am not sure he wants to be found. However there are a number of Dines names recorded which may help join some of the dots to my Northern Ireland  family and this will be the subject to further research. I am happy enough to provide a copy of the available C OF I records but I dont think i can download to this message. If anybody wants me to just download the names I am more than happy to do so. 

Offline sam.b

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Surname(s)   Graveyard   Civil Parish   Graveyard Location   County
DINES   Killinchy CI   Killinchy   Killinchy   Down
Gravestone Inscription   Erected by William Dines of Bangor in memory of his brother David Dines who died 14th Octr 1843 aged 23 years Also his wife Sophia Dines who died 20th of July 1849 aged 35 years Also his mother Margaret Dines who died 16th Sept 1854 aged 74 years Also the above named William Dines who died 7th December 1867 aged 61 years.

Offline DYNESD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 20 December 22 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Sam....... much appreciated,.... Margaret Deins(?) of Bangor is confirmed on the C OF i burial records aged 74 years. Interestingly my direct Dines family lived on Irish Street Killyleagh upto 1911.  When two of my great Uncles were killed in the 1914/1918 war the pension record referred to the family at one point living at Brownlow Street Comber before moving to Newtownards. So there may well be a family connection to the Comber Dines's which is only app 4 miles from Newtownards.       

Offline sam.b

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 21 December 22 15:36 GMT (UK) »
Do you have this ?
Dynes, Thomas - 28th. August 1918 aged 18 years - Rifleman 10418 2nd. Royal Irish Rifles - Memorial Menin Gate Ypres
Son of Mrs. Ellen Dines of 16 Ann Street,Newtownards.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 21 December 22 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline DYNESD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 21 December 22 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the information Sam and Kiltaglassan. I do have my great Uncles information for both Thomas and Alexander Dynes (rip)who were in the Royal Irish Rifles and were killed in the great war. Let me just wish everybody a merry Christmas and a healthy and safe New Year and many thanks again for everybodys advice and information. Will start the New Year with renewed vigour.  Kind regards.