Author Topic: catherine Carroll  (Read 956 times)

Offline welshwoman59

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
catherine Carroll
« on: Thursday 07 August 08 20:29 BST (UK) »
I am looking for Catherine Carroll nee Douglas.  She was born in London in 1863 and came to live in Ystrad Mynach with my grandfather James Carroll.  My grandmother, james wife, always told me that she died in Merthyr workhouse beause she liked to "drink".  I have found a record of a death for a catherine carroll 1921 (which would tie in) but Cardiff.  Could anyone advise me on either any workhouses in Cardiff or would a merthyr death come under cardiff???  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: catherine Carroll
« Reply #1 on: Friday 08 August 08 11:08 BST (UK) »
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 August 08 11:10 BST (UK) »
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />

Offline welshwoman59

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 August 08 12:16 BST (UK) »
That's very interesting, thank you.  I guess i'll have to wait for the death cert and hope it's her and that it tells me where she was.  It'd be nice to find where she's buried after all this time.  Again Thanks