Author Topic: Carey baptisms  (Read 2895 times)

Offline careylp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Carey baptisms
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 15:28 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your help, James father James a gardener is the same as my Thomas so that is a start.  I have no other questions for the moment as I have had no free time recently.  I live in Merseyside so if I can help in any way please let me know.
Bye for now    Valerie

Offline careylp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 22 August 08 19:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Deborah, another look up if possible.  Marriage of Henry Day and Jane Kerry registered Tendring June qtr 1857 Jane was from Lawford and Henry from Manningtree so hopefully it will be Lawford church. 
Bye for now   Valerie

Offline dawlc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 August 08 08:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Valerie

I have read your request.  Of course when next at the ERO I could look for this one and the records are very good for this period.  However, it may not be for awhile that I get the time to go back.  My mum is 82 and in hospital at present so that along with life in general will not allow me the luxury of indulging in my hobby!

However, I'll keep a note of this one.

Deborah.

Offline careylp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 29 August 08 14:23 BST (UK) »
Sorry to hear about your Mum, I was fortunate to have my Mum for 91 years and it was her family knowledge that helped we so much in the family tree.
You only mention the ERO do you not have libraries with film or fiche of the Essex records.  I have a local library and the City centre so I am fortunate for my Merseyside records.
Bye for now    Valerie

Offline dawlc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 29 August 08 16:24 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thank you.  My mum is now at home but feeling a little 'vunerable' which is understandable.  Like you it was my mum's knowledge of her mum's family that go me started on the family tree, however, the Lawford connection is via my dad's mother.  She lived to 99 and a half dying in 2001 but unfortunately I did not begin to look into the family until 2006.  Can you imagine the information that I could have asked her especially as her mind was 'sharp' until the very end.

Our libraries do not hold Essex parish records they are all on film or fiche at the ERO.  Luckily for me the ERO is in Chelmsford and I can easily get there when time allows.  I'll take your request with me when I go.

Bye for now, Deborah.

Offline careylp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Carey marriages
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 31 August 08 20:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Deborah.

Re marriage of John Kerry to Mary Ann Durrant or Banbury she was from Manningtree so that maybe where the marriage was, I think it is probably Durrant as there was very few Banbury in Essex.
Re Henry Day and Jane Carey/Kerry I hope that the father is William a farm labourer.
I may have a break through as I have found details on the 1841 that fit in with my family but the name is shown as Herry so I will check it at the library tomorrow.
By for now    Valerie

Offline careylp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Carey marriages
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 29 October 08 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deborah,
Hope is all well with you.  I am still working on the Careys and as I have not heard from you I assume you have been unable to get to Chelmsford.  I did contact the RO and they did a quick check on Clacton baptisms but were unable to find anything.  If you are able to check the marriages I quoted I would be grateful but if it is inconvenient please let me know and I will post the details again as someone else maybe able to help.
Bye for now    Valerie

Offline dawlc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 30 October 08 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Valerie

Your guess is correct - I have not been back to the ERO since 19 Aug -unfortunately.  The combination of my mum currently residing in a hotel (whilst building work is being compeleted on her bungalow), a 17 year old son completing his UCAS application, a 16 year old son applying for colleges and a 13 year old daughter who sees me as her personal taxi service is leaving very little time to indulge in my hobby!  I will visit the ERO at sometime before the end of the year but please do post again - many hands make light work!

I will keep in touch.

Regards Deborah.