Author Topic: 1841 census look up for Milburn  (Read 2228 times)

Offline meadbh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census look up for Milburn
« Reply #18 on: Monday 11 August 08 21:37 BST (UK) »
I've been thinking along the same lines as Michael. I noticed that in the 1861 census (RG9/3851/32/17), the youngest son of Henry and Ann is William MOODY, aged 2. I wondered if this might be an error, eg, his middle name mistakenly put down as his surname, but there is a birth record for William MOODY, June 1859 Tynemouth vol 10b p175. By 1871 he is back as William MILBURN.

In the 1841 census (HO107/824 bk 1/24/43), there is a George Moody (29) living at Cramlington Terrace with Ann (22), Elenor (2) and Mary Jane (1).  George MOODY may have married either Ann DOUGLAS or Ann GARDNER  in Dec quarter 1839. There are birth records in Tynemouth RD for Eleanor MOODY Dec 1838, Mary Jane MOODY June 1840, Ann MOODY Dec 1841, and Edward MOODY Sep 1844 (there is also a registration for an Edward MILBURN at Tynemouth in this same quarter). I can't find any of these children under MOODY in 1851, but their ages correspond to those of the older children of Ann and Henry MILBURN. However, I haven't yet managed to find a marriage between these parents.

Kath

Offline meadbh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 11 August 08 21:41 BST (UK) »
Sorry, the George MOODY marriage was Dec quarter 1837, not 1839.

Kath

Offline meadbh

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 11 August 08 23:53 BST (UK) »
I've just noticed that on the previous page in the 1841 census there is a DOUGLAS family living in Cramlington Terrace, Cramlington, headed by John and Elenor DOUGLAS. I've traced some of the family in 1851 and some of their offspring were born in Shilbottle, as was Henry Milburn's wife, Ann. So it looks as though her first husband may have been George MOODY.

Kath

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 12 August 08 08:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Michael,  I haven`t any bap or births for Henry and Ann , i thought that the 1851 census was a bit mixed up with the older children and there had to be a Moody family some where in with the Milburns and Kath has found that as in 1881 census for Edward & Ann  Milburn they have a son Douglas(Edward in 1891 wife was Jane so Ann & Jane must have been one of the same as their birth places`s and ages fit.   Aye, it does look like Ann`s 1st husband was George Moody also the birth reg`s for Eleanor, Mary Jane and Ann Moody they are not Henry`s bairns.  I have looked all over for a marriage for Henry Milburn to an Ann but nowt, might not have got married ;D I also have been trying to find some siblings to Henry Milburn but nowt again so a brick wall for now.  Thank you all very much for your very good help.  Much Appreciated.  Regards Gladys  :)