Author Topic: Roberts/Crockett Parish Records Lookup (COMPLETED)  (Read 828 times)

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
Roberts/Crockett Parish Records Lookup (COMPLETED)
« on: Sunday 10 August 08 18:32 BST (UK) »
Hello

Can anyone help me find the following information, mainly death dates:

- Margaret Jane Roberts - birth about 1862, Oldbury Staffs??; married Arthur Cotterill (Dec Q 1883 Dudley 6c 133); Died??
- Emma Crockett - birth about 1829, Pensnett, Staffs?; married Edmund Cotterill 24/12/1854 in Dudley, Staffs, died ??
- Thomas Crockett - birth abt 1800 in Staff's (Pensnett/Dudley?); married Ann Crockett (nee?) Staffs, died ??  Emma Crockett's father.
- Ann Crocket (nee??) - birth about 1801 in Staffs (Pensnett, Dudley?); Emma Crockett's mother.

I appreciate that some of the above is a little vague but any help would be greatly appreciated.  I think they generally herald from the Pensnett, Dudley or Olbury area although i havent found any Census records for Thomas and Ann other than the 1841 one, which does not list birth places.

Thanks in advance.

TB

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts/Crockett Parish Records Lookup
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 10 August 08 18:41 BST (UK) »
Have you checked freebmd http://freebmd.rootsweb.com

If they are not shown on freebmd you will need to check the full GRO index which is available at your nearest main library or on either of the following paysites

www.ancestry.co.uk
www.findmypast.com
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 August 08 18:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your response.

Yes i have checked the BMD although i have had a few difficulties navigating around the area as i am not familiar with the districts and therefore could have easily missed these.

The full GRO - is this available at every library?  Is it fiche based or on the net?

I do not have a current subscription to those sites although will probably resubscribe to Ancestry in the next week.  However, i don't think i had much luck looking for these on there last time i used it.  Deaths have particularly been a problem for me!

All the best

TB

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 10 August 08 18:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

Libraries vary between microfilm and microfiche.  The one I used to use had it on film up to a certain year and then fiche.  It is usually only available at main libraries so you need to check within your home area

A lot of libraries have free Ancestry access so you would be able to search the full index online

If you are going to be subscribing to Ancestry in the next week - you will find the full index online as part of your membership
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 10 August 08 19:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carole - i will give it another go on Ancestry.  Although suspect i will have to check the GRO in my nearest town.

I was just hoping that someone with a bit better knowledge of the area might be able to spot the information as my online search to date has proved difficult with these.

Regards

TB