Author Topic: Volta Tower, Finedon  (Read 8797 times)

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Volta Tower, Finedon
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 August 05 09:17 BST (UK) »
Jenny

I have from 1707 although not indexed.

Cheers Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline sniff001

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Volta Tower, Finedon
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 April 12 06:40 BST (UK) »
Hi there, I was fascinated to come across this post thread as I have done a lot of internet research and never noticed this before. My name is Jamie and I live in Finedon, Adrian, and all my life I have had a fascination and deep interest in the Volta Tower alongside all of Finedon's history. My website on the building now shows up on Google search results and can be found here: www.thevoltatower.weebly.com

I have been good friends with John Bailey since about the age of 10 in 2003 and have acquired a number of my artefacts and items of Finedon/Volta Tower memorabilia from him.

I was tracing your Grandfather, Elam Cooper, and have a photocopy of the 1881 census page showing him living at the Volta Tower at that time, as well as the occupants to follow him in later censuses.

I have a number of artefacts related to the building including a number of postcards and the newspaper from the day it collapsed in 1951. My website should provide you with a great deal of information and it would be great for you to provide you thoughts and feelings in the site guestbook.

I would be interested to perhaps speak to you about your Great-Great Grandfather, Adrian, as I am interested if there are any photos of him around or anything you could maybe tell me about him as I know little more than where he was in 1881 and who he lived with.

Hope I may have helped you and that you may be able to help me (also hoping I'm not 7 years too late to provide you with information on this!!)

Best Wishes,

Jamie