Author Topic: McSHANE in Edendork, County Tyrone  (Read 3946 times)

Offline Wind Dancer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McSHANE in Edendork, County Tyrone
« on: Monday 11 August 08 19:54 BST (UK) »
This gravestone inscription lists my grandmother's family: the vault is located in St. Malachy RC Cemetery, Edendork, Parish of Tullyniskan, County Tyrone.
Erected by Charles McShane of Dungannon in memory of his father, Owen McShane, who departed this life September 1 1851 aged 89 years; also his wife Mary Ann, who departed this life March 11th 1838 aged 55 years; also his son, James, who died March 24th 1856 aged 52 years; also his son, G Kingston, who departed this life Sept 1st 1837 aged 31 years; also his wife who departed this life May 7th 1813 aged 37 years.

Is anyone else researching this same family?  My great great grandfather was named after G Kingston McShane of Dungannon.  Thank you!
McSHANE in County Tyrone 1800's; McSHANE in Tavistock, Devon County, England 1850 - present

Offline nagpur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: McSHANE in Edendork, County Tyrone
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 August 08 20:33 BST (UK) »
Wind Dancer if you are interested I could get a photo of the headstone when Im in Edendork next.
Close,Madden,McNulty,McKenna,Tohill,

Offline Wind Dancer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 August 08 01:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you....I would love a photo...family history has lead me to believe it is a vault, and the certificate from Irish World says the gravestone is in Section C, Plot 37 which looks to be directly behind the church.  Hope that helps! 
McSHANE in County Tyrone 1800's; McSHANE in Tavistock, Devon County, England 1850 - present

Offline nagpur

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 August 08 16:08 BST (UK) »
Wind Dancer,got a few snaps today.The grave is directly behind the church.There is no evidence of a vault but the headstone is lying flat on the grave.There seems to be the remains of a small plinth so maybe the headstone fell in years gone by.Lettering is very poor but could be cleaned up with a bit of care.The only readable at present is the first line which mentions Charles McShane of Dungannon.Have you an email, I can send photos as an attachment.Hope to hear from you soon.
Close,Madden,McNulty,McKenna,Tohill,

Offline Wind Dancer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 16 August 08 14:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you SO very much!  I am so excited that you found the stone.  (*)
Thanks so much for taking the time to go to Edendork; I really do appreciate it!
Evelyn Adams in Calgary, Alberta Canada

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline welcome1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 August 09 17:46 BST (UK) »
Hi ,would you have a BEATTY connection in your MCSHANE tree.
My gggreat grandmother MARY MCSHANE married about 1850 my gggreat grandfather HUGH BEATTY, on a baptism in Belfast 1853 the sponsors are BRIDGET MCSHANE and JAMES BEATTY, I have been unable to trace any marriage for them, so this is just a long shot. thank you.welcome1

Offline Holly1289

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 17 October 22 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi im trying to find the parents for a Michael McShane born around 1811 in tyrone he is my 3rd great grandfather  but dont know the parish

kindest regards Dave