Author Topic: Guernsey Death - Finished, thanks  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Lemmey

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Guernsey Death - Finished, thanks
« on: Friday 15 August 08 17:14 BST (UK) »
I have been trying for some time to help my aunt find the family history of her stepfather, William Frederick Cooke, who raised her.  I think I have found him on census but need dates confirmed by getting a copy of his death certificate.

My Mum recently found a newspaper cutting which if dated correctly would give his date of death as 1st August 1956  - it has a handwritten date on it of 2/8/56 and the article says 'died suddenly yesterday morning'.  He died while on holiday while shopping in Pollett Street.

I can't work out how to attach the newspaper cutting as when I click on 'attach an image' it just shows tick boxes for notifying me of replies, return to topic and using smilies  :-[

Any help would be much appreciated.  Do I need a reference to get a copy of the certificate?  If so can anyone help by looking up the death as I only have access to UK records?  My aunt hasn't been well recently and this would make her year.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help
Lemmey
Croydon, Surrey - KENT, SKILTON, BESLEY, HIGGS
Surrey & Kent - GARDNER, GARDENER, GARDINER, DALLAWAY, STRUDWICK, LANE, PENFOLD (Roma/Traveller)
London - COOKE
Shropshire/Denbighshire/Montgomershire  - FRANCIS, LLOYD
Staffordshire - TOOTH, DEVALL