Author Topic: Hagelgans (Germany)  (Read 4312 times)

Offline michelle130

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hagelgans (Germany)
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 June 10 19:40 BST (UK) »
I noticed this post about the Hagelgans family. I am researching my family tree and have a document showing C.E. Hagelgans born 16 Oct 1818 Obersuhl Germany died 7 June 1872 (not sure where). She married a Johannes Backer. I wondered if you had come across this person in your family tree.

Offline Rock2HAL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Peace & Love!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 July 10 07:42 BST (UK) »
No. Sorry. I even have a photo of Christina Hagelgans not long before she passed away (which was on February 24, 1956) from my grandfather's slides. Christina was born in Sept of 1876 in Germany and that's all I have unfortunately. I did find a marriage record of her and John William Cossaboon (Nina's parents) and had Christina's parent's names on there but not sure if they are correct 'cause cursive is very hard to make out sometimes. lol! But it looks like her dad's name was Henry Hagelgans and her mom's name was Mary Krause (Last name might be wrong...as I said..handwriting hard to make out). However, that's all I have so far.
Cossaboon
Burton
McDaniels
Hagelgans

Offline Rock2HAL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Peace & Love!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 29 August 11 20:18 BST (UK) »
Sorry. No I do not have that person in my family tree. I have Christina's parent's names as Henry Hagelgans and Mary Krause (?) and I even have a photo of Christina too. She married John William Cossaboon.

Christina Hagelgans (Born: September 1876 in Germany
Death February 24, 195)

Of course I'm not going to rule out that perhaps the person you mentioned very well could be related to her in some way but I don't know yet about that.
Hope this helps you though. :)

OOPS SHOULD HAVE LOOKED ON PAGE 2 B4 POSTING THIS! LOL! SORRY! :)
Cossaboon
Burton
McDaniels
Hagelgans

Offline Rock2HAL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Peace & Love!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 17 January 16 21:18 GMT (UK) »
On Thanksgiving last year, I talked to Christina's grandson. He told me she was born in Kassel, Germany but I can't seem to find any records of her birth (September of 1876...still dunno the day she was born though yet.) Can anyone please help me? I'm on disability and know very little German (only a few words) and I can't drive, can't afford to fly to Kassel, Germany, etc. I'm hoping someone can please help me? I'm on ancestry.com as ladyhal if you want to pm me on there or email me at ladyhal@yahoo.com (ladyhal at yahoo dot com in case you don't see the email address). I'm still looking for more info on her and her family please. Just posting this post/message as I did get city she was born finally but I still need help please? :)
Cossaboon
Burton
McDaniels
Hagelgans