Author Topic: LATTA families  (Read 16398 times)

damnonii

Re: LATTA families
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 21 August 08 21:14 BST (UK) »
The name having been at the top of the forum for the past week, this grave jumped out at me when I passed it today.  Alexander Latta d. 25/1/1941 and his wife Jessie Nicol d. 22/10/1960.

My photo isn't brilliant since the sun was behind it and it's taken on my phone, so if anyone wants better photos let me know. 

Lora :)

Offline SueLatta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 22 August 08 02:31 BST (UK) »
You are all WONDERFUL.  Thanks so much for the census information and for the photo taken on the cell phone.  I love you all.  LOL.
Latta, Latto, Latty - Scotland, Ireland, USA, or any other location in the world.

Offline SueLatta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 22 August 08 02:51 BST (UK) »
Oh, can you tell me the name of the cemetery and the city that it is located in.  Thanks again.
Latta, Latto, Latty - Scotland, Ireland, USA, or any other location in the world.

damnonii

« Reply #21 on: Friday 22 August 08 13:11 BST (UK) »
Sorry Sue, I must have been tired lol.  It's in Cathcart Cemtery in Glasgow. (I walk my dog there and have got into the habit of looking out for stones for rootchatters)

The grave is in section 2B in the newer Linn section. 
There's a plan of the cemtery on page 1 of this thread: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,279673.0.html

Do you want me to get a better photo?

Lora

Offline SueLatta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 22 August 08 16:45 BST (UK) »
Lora.  If you walk your dog there anyway, please take another photo.  Maybe just a bit further back.  I want to upload it onto our website with the information on Alexander Latta, if you don't mind me using your photo on the website.  Thanks for your help.

damnonii

« Reply #23 on: Friday 22 August 08 21:05 BST (UK) »
Sue, if you pm me your email address I'll send you the photos.  clouded over this afternoon so I could take it better (who decided to align graves east to west?!)

Also, when I looked at your site I noticed you list Latto as a variant so I took a pic of Robert Latto Walker's grave (also in Cathcart, Linn sec 2B) in case you know of him. He died 26/11/1947 and was the husband of Mary Shaw McKinnon.

since I'm on a roll, lol, is there any more Cathcart area Latta's I should be keeping an eye out for? 

Lora

Offline wbol

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 30 January 09 17:33 GMT (UK) »
I have documented the names of more that 900 names of men who were killed in the Hamilton Area. I hope the following helps you. W.Bol

11/03/1884.    ROBERT LATTA.       45  Earnock.          Miner.
HAMILTON MINER KILLED.  – Yesterday a miner named Latta, residing at Burnbank, was killed in Earnock Colliery, where he worked along with his son. He was in the act of firing a shot, and having by some inadvertence lighted the squib instead of the match, before he got out of the way the charge exploded and he was terribly injured. He expired in an hour and a half afterwards. Ref. Scotsman  12/231884.
Register of Deaths. Reg. District No. 647 Entry No. 121.
Cause of death. “Fall of Coal.”
Father Robert Latta. Coal Miner. (Deceased.)
Mother Hannah Coyle.
Death registered by Robert Latta son. X his mark
Fatal Accident Inquiry listed.

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 30 January 09 23:18 GMT (UK) »
The following is an MI for a Latta family from a stone in Bothwellpark Cemetery, Lanarkshire:

In loving memory of ROBERT LATTA died 20th May 1928 aged 75               
His wife MARY WOTHERSPOON ANDREW died 22nd September 1909 aged 53
Their sons
THOMAS KEDDIE LATTA killed in action 7th April 1917                  
GEORGE ORMISTON ANDREW LATTA killed in action 5th October 1917
JOHN ANDREW LATTA died in infancy
Their daughters
JANET STEVENSON ANDREW LATTA died 20th May 1949
HELEN BEATRICE LATTA died 28th January 1955                     
MARY MUIR LATTA died 23rd June 1958
ELIZABETH SIMPSON LATTA died 12th February 1959
MARGARET KEDDIE LATTA, M.B.E., died 4th July 1962

Anne

Offline Lanarkshire Latta

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 11 August 09 13:25 BST (UK) »
Dear Sue

I am a direct descendant of Robert & Hannah Latta and I live in Lanarkshire Scotland.  They are my great great great grandparents.

Sally Latta