Author Topic: Ramsey Parish Registers.... baptism for John KITCHEN  (Read 2062 times)

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Ramsey Parish Registers.... baptism for John KITCHEN
« on: Sunday 17 August 08 06:45 BST (UK) »

Hi All

Does anyone have access to the Ramsey Parish Registers?

If so, would it be possible to ask for a lookup for the Baptism of John KITCHEN who according to Census records says he was born there sometime around 1831?? 

John ends up in Lancashire, marries a Margaret ? and has at least 8 sons by 1881 Census.

Many thanks for any assistance

Cheers
Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Ramsey Parish Registers.... baptism for John KITCHEN
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 August 08 18:30 BST (UK) »
all registers were transcribed c.1911(a highly accurate transcription ) - this transcription is available on mormon microfilm - look up film number on www.manxnotebook.com/famhist/genealgy/ldsfilms.htm.
The IGI is fairly complete for IoM - no John I can see (at least from extracted records) but there is a Wm Kitchen + ann Bell who had a son edwin porter (none found in 1841 census) tho there was a scottish kitchen family in castletown
any thing with a Manx Connection

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Re: Ramsey Parish Registers.... baptism for John KITCHEN
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 August 08 23:50 BST (UK) »

Thanks for the Frances_mnb.  I did check out the manxnotebook site before posting this request.  The KITCHEN family of Scottish origin sounds highly promising as there were those family stories and rumours of Scottish connections with this lot.. that's why the IOM connection threw me for a loop.

Unfortunately my getting to an LDS reading room requires the kind of prescision planning usually reserved for those contemplating armed invasions..... I have kids you see  ;D ;D ;D..... and it's quite a distance to the nearest one.  So it may have to wait a while.... maybe next school holidays with indulgent grandparents to the rescue.

Many thanks for your help

Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk