Author Topic: How do I work our which was the father  (Read 3534 times)

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
How do I work our which was the father
« on: Monday 18 August 08 21:41 BST (UK) »
I have Abraham Beaumont going back through the census years he would be bn c 1793 at Kirkheaton looking on the IGI there are four possible..........Thomas that would make Abraham bn 1794
Richard he would be born 1793  John 1793 and William he would be norn 1792.
Can you help me on this one please
Sue
Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline Sisterjane

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Castle Hill Huddersfield...Im Here..Where are They
    • View Profile
Re: How do I work our which was the father
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 August 08 18:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue

Could you just clarify your post as its a bit hard to understand.  :)

Have you found 4 possible Abrahams on IGI..and who is Thomas,Richard William and John..?

Jane... :) ;)
Kershaw, Longbottom,Parvin
Areas  Huddersfield, Brighouse, Rastrick ,Thirsk, Sand Hutton
Masters in London/Surrey
Cencus information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 August 08 19:34 BST (UK) »
Sorry after reading my post I thought it looked a bit hard for someone to understand.
I have Abraham Beaumont bn c 1793 in Kirkheaton I am trying to find his father, I have looked on the IGI and there are 4 possibilities.
Thomas,Richard William and John..?all have a son called Abraham all born about the same year.
I have his death certificate he died 1861 aged 67

Researching Dixon Dawson Wood Wilkinson Wackett from Lincolnshire (Caistor area) Ringrose Higgs Riddington Lord Burley from Leicester (Countesthorpe) Holmes Abbott Ringrose Motson from Beverley and Hull Leics. Fawcett Fenwick Hare Mareham Le Fen Revesby Horncastle Lincolnshire.

Offline dave the tyke

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 08:51 BST (UK) »
Sue,
Sorry if you know this already
Do you know if there were siblings ?
If so who was the father of the siblings ?
Do you know how to use the Batch number on IGI then enter just the fathers name in the search part ?
That will give you the names of people baptised in that church for each father's name (there may have been more than one with the same name).
Then look at naming patterns through the generations - not very scientific but a fair indication, especially if a name like Abraham is repeated.
Laborious, but check census returns for each possible sibling - you might get lucky and find a 'visitor' that you recognise.
A visit to the churchyard where Abraham or his offspring were buried might be a good idea.
good hunting
Dave
Bland, Greenwood Bland, Ellis, Benn, Woodhead, Priestley, Illingworth, Lightowler, Platts, Boys, Bradley, O'Hara, Hall<br /><br />Areas -  North Bierley, Northowram, West Bowling, Horton, Shelf, Allerton, Queensbury, Haworth, Ovenden, Halifax, Luddenden, Midgley, Elland, Littleborough

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 10:14 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for your help
Sue

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 14 November 08 20:41 GMT (UK) »
 Hi Sue.

4  possible Abraham Beaumont's born/bapt  around 1794 in Kirkhearton and 4  possible Dads in your list.

There is a similar senerio in Holmfirth with 3 Abraham Beaumont's born/bapt in 1778,1779 and 1780 in Holmfirth areas and to make life more complicated two  Abraham Beaumont marriages one 1802 and other 1804 spouse in both Mary Taylor. and one Mary Robinson /Abr marriage  in 1804.

Not yet fully solved but there where two sibbling sons called

John b 1816 anglican and one born in 1810 Weslayan none conformist methodist  adode of  Abraham father scholes

there other Abraham Wesleyan sibblings abode location at Bapt was scholes and Long ing Holmirth Wesleyan Methodist church

Thus the Abraham Beaumont of scholes born in 1779 of father John

Thers was also a Wesley/methdist sibbling Squire born 1803 this fitted Abraham and Mary Taylor marriage 1802 holmfirth Kirburton Parish and Mary Taylor b 1784 of Newmill nears scholes. Presbyterian Lydge gate chapel Newmill Holmfirth

John Beaumont born 18916 Damhouse Anglican had a sister Sarah Beaumont of Abraham  b 1808 in Mother Mary Taylor and Mary Father was George Taylor Anglican

In the Fiche Almondbury parish register area Upper/Nether thong /White Wall of Holmfirth Anglican was Mary Taylor b1780

This Fitted Abraham Beaumont Anglican Born/bapt 1778 in Netherthong of Dad Joseph Also Mary Taylor /Abraham beaumont Marriage 1804 Angican In the Almonbury

The last Abraham Beaumont birth born/Bapt 1780 of Thomas of Bent in Hadge Edge (6miles south of holmfirth in Kirkburton Parish register byy Elimination of the two Mary Taylor's Left Mary Robinson and there was one on the next farm to Bent Farm=Deanhead farn hadge Edge.

The 1851 census of this John Beaumont Born/bapt 1816 had a lodger at his Upperthong residence Called Duke Moorhouse that Fitted Joseph Beumont Marriage to Ruth Hoorhouse about 1770/4 that was Abraham b1778 of Netherthong father Joseph B1752 in Netherthong in Amondbury parish reg.

Well Sue it may give you tips of how to sort them out.

Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline sue 1950

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 November 08 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Wow Dobfarm you have been busy I will print this out and go and study what you have.....where did you find all this information out
Thankyou Sue

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 14 November 08 22:20 GMT (UK) »

Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 14 November 08 22:51 GMT (UK) »