Author Topic: Bill Turner & Elizabeth Walton Mancetter Atherstone  (Read 4302 times)

Offline rickyt02

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bill Turner & Elizabeth Walton Mancetter Atherstone
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 August 08 15:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Al, You mentioned that they had superb signatures so I wanted to get a copy to see for myself.
Aylesbury:Turner, Clark
Mancetter: Turner
Horningtoft: Franklin, Wickham
Tyrone: Beattie, Beaty, Gillis
Inverness, Glen Urquhart, Drumnadrochit, Glenmorriston, Lewiston, Miltown, Lenie, Lochaber: Cameron, McDonald, McLean, McPhee

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 August 08 17:17 BST (UK) »
Hey Ricky, I could have Emailed you a copy off the register if you had asked.

Offline rbosco

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bostock of Mancetter Atherstone
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 September 08 00:01 BST (UK) »
This is my first posting on this site, which I am truly amazed by.   I just returned from my 1st visit to Atherstone (from Seattle) to research my family.

I am looking for the birth parents of Mary Bostock, born in Mancetter about 1825.  Apparently Mary had an illegitimate son named Thomas Bostock (born in Atherstone) who is my great grandfather.   My family records of the Bostocks end at Mary.   I do not know who her parents are or who the father of her child might have been.   It is said that she was sent to the Workhouses in Atherstone.

Mary's son Thomas ended up having a very large family of 11 or 12 children all raised in Atherstone.   I do have alot of information on his family.

I would appreciate any information you might find on this Bostock family.   I will be searching this site to see if I can help others with their research as well.

Thank you,

Randall Bostock

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 08 September 08 13:42 BST (UK) »
Atherstone came under Mancetter in those days. The Parish Registers would probably not have named the father. I will search for her christening next time I am looking at the Mancetter records.

Have you her whereabouts in 1841 census, if not I would open up a new thread asking for details.

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 08 September 08 13:48 BST (UK) »
Further to above a look in the IGI gives us Mary Bostock christened Mancetter 17 March 1825, daughter of John and Amy Bostock :)

John married Amy King 27th March 1815 at Mancetter.

John Bostock christened 7 November 1793 at Mancetter son of Joseph and Sarah.

It's all there in the IGI.

Offline rbosco

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 08 September 08 18:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this information.   I thought I had checked the IGI in the past.  With the source of information coming from the parish records for Mancetter, I feel comfortable with Mary's parents being  John  and Amy and John's parents being Joseph and Sarah.

This is information I had on some old papers but did not know the source.   Thank you so much for this information.   This site also gave me information on Mary's brother Joseph born in Mancetter.

Offline rickyt02

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 13 September 08 00:35 BST (UK) »
Al

Thanks for the copy of the marriage entry and for the other information you have provided.

Its very much appreciated.

Ricky
Aylesbury:Turner, Clark
Mancetter: Turner
Horningtoft: Franklin, Wickham
Tyrone: Beattie, Beaty, Gillis
Inverness, Glen Urquhart, Drumnadrochit, Glenmorriston, Lewiston, Miltown, Lenie, Lochaber: Cameron, McDonald, McLean, McPhee