Author Topic: 3 in one day  (Read 1785 times)

Offline vic1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
3 in one day
« on: Wednesday 20 August 08 21:31 BST (UK) »
Nobody one in my family is excited about this but I need to tell  ( or brag ) about this as i think i am sooooo lucky .  Here goes  i have seen photos of all but 1 of my great grand parents  and three of them i have seen for the first time today. 7/8 ain't bad
My Mum FORGOT SHE HAD THEIR PHOTOGRAPHS .
 This isn't as exciting maybe to my parents as they knew them all  and indeed i knew two of them and had met a third when a tiny baby. The rest died before i was born  but the one who started me on this journey died in the 1920s and i have been  researching her  for 7 years i never ever thought I'd know what she looked like and now i do. I also have lots of scanning  and copying to disc to do . Hope  you all  understand my ravings but i needed to let it  out .  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)
pembrokeshire Coates,Rees, Williams
galmorgan Coates Williams Francis
brecknock stephens Driscoll lewis Webb Jones price
herefordshire Jones page savager price carwardine
radnorshire Rees savager Jones

Offline thornhill121

• RootsChat Extra
  • G.G.Grandfather John Beck 1903
    • View Profile
Re: 3 in one day
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 August 08 21:36 BST (UK) »
Wow Vic what a fruitful day.

I wish I could find that kinda luck. My uncle has all the "old" family photos but doesn't know who they are of. I keep pestering him to scan them and send them on to me so maybe one day I can dream of a success story like yours :D :D

Lucy
Thornhill Beeston Notts, Belton Notts, Searle Lincs/Notts, Cooper Notts, Creet Notts
Beck Dumfriesshire

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 August 08 00:16 BST (UK) »
Lucky you Vic, i wish I could find some old pictures I have couple but not very many, I have a feeling that the relatives in England may have more. As we left can came to Canada.  we are hoping to go over next May and I am sure going to be asking around. Never know I may get lucky.

I only knew one of my great grandmothers, she died when I was 5 but I remember her well as she lived with my grandparents.

cheers
Anne

Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton

Offline Sarndra

• RootsChat Senior
  • www.magnaquiestracing.co.nz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 21 August 08 02:56 BST (UK) »
Nobody one in my family is excited about this but I need to tell  ( or brag ) about this as i think i am sooooo lucky .  Here goes  i have seen photos of all but 1 of my great grand parents  and three of them i have seen for the first time today. 7/8 ain't bad
My Mum FORGOT SHE HAD THEIR PHOTOGRAPHS . (snip)

Congrats :-) it is exciting isn't it and never give up hope of finding the last.  I managed to get an original photograph of one of my G Grandmothers 20 years after i started researching my family.  Sent to me by a contact that had only married into the tree of one of her sisters.   Photos pop up from any source!

Regards
Sarndra
www.sarndra.com
ARBUCKLE; BAILEY; BLACKADDER; BURNS; DARBON/DARBEN; DAVIDSON; ERSKINE; EVANS; GUEST; HANNAH; HAMILTON; HAND; HOLDER; JOHNSTON; KENNEDY; KITCHENER; LAVERIE; LAWSON; LEES;  LEESE; LOAN; LODGE; MACE; MCCOOK; MCGUIRE; MCKAI/MCKAY; MCLEES; PAWSON; RUSS; STEVENSON; TOUGH; VALE; WERT; WHEELER; WORT;

Offline muppetprincess

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 21 August 08 07:02 BST (UK) »
Congrats! Wonderful news. I know how you feel I looked up my 2xg grandparents on a web site, and there is a picture of them!! Excitement+++
Hope you manage to get the 8th one now!
Buchan, Duthie, Jack, Monro- Aberdeen
Jardine- Dumfries, Cooma (NSW)
Cochrane- Scotland
Sparks- Norfolk, Young (NSW), South Australia
Liddiard- Wiltshire
Dellow- Hertfordshire
Ford- Ireland
McKechnie-South Australia, & ?Scotland??

Offline 7igerby7he7ail

• RootsChat Member
  • Where are they?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 21 August 08 09:09 BST (UK) »
I know how you feel
A 3rd cousin sent me a photo of my great great grandparents and all their children, including my great grandfather. Sure made my day.
Tree
GAUNT N Staffordshire,GAUNT Manchester.GUY,Shropshire, BARTLEY,Salford, Lancs, NEVILLE,Salford. PHILLIPS,Staffs, MAYER,Staffs,COSSAR,Berwick, E and Mid Lothian and Argyll. HIGGINS,Glasgowand Dunoon,Argyll.GALLAGHER,Argyll,IRISH,Herts.

Offline Abiam2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 21 August 08 11:42 BST (UK) »
I was in England recently and knew I had given my children"stuff" that should be kept before I left to live here in Spain.  But with no interest in Family History then I really didn't know what was in there and had only realised recently that I might be lucky.

I was!  Especially pleased to find the large A3 sized document promoting my Grandfather to Warrant Officer Class 11 in 1918 and my Father's Navy book allowing me now to know when and where he sailed.  Also several great references for him from several jobs.  Including one from Holden's in Adelaide South Australia.   Also found my Uncle's Australian War medals! :) :) :)

Imagine, with absolutely no interest and starting a completely new life, I could have just thrown them.  I was very lucky as the children had put them away in the loft.

Abiam

Offline tempsford

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 21 August 08 12:07 BST (UK) »
I found a distant cousin by chance on a message board and she passed on to me photos of my gt gt grandparents, who I'd never seen. I was thrilled.
Its amazing whats out there! ;D

Tempsford.

Offline wendy47

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Wonderful Mother & Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 21 August 08 15:09 BST (UK) »
Hi

How lucky you are . My mother's family lost all of their treasured possessions in the 1941 bombing of London in WW2.

Wendy47
VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, HOLDER, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR, HALES/GOUGH, PRICE, COOK, BURNELL, HOLBIN, MERRY, GUNNING, WOOD, STOCK, GULLOCK, GWILLYM Som/Glos
COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, MEREDITH, HODGES, MESSIDER, SMALLRIDGE, BACHE, ELLSMORE Hfs
NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent
ADMONS Berks
CROWE, REYNOLDS, Suff
KITCHEN Nlk
Abram C[H]ARLSON Sweden/Ldn
COX, WAYLAND, LINE Wilts
STILES, DORTON, GOFFE, BLY Ldn
OSMOND Hants
All UK census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov