Author Topic: deVall/Brown in Dudley  (Read 8271 times)

Offline louisemccrea

• RootsChat Member
  • Grandfather Robert Samuel McCrea
    • View Profile
Re: deVall/Brown in Dudley
« Reply #18 on: Friday 30 January 09 23:10 GMT (UK) »
if you look under my picture at the side at the bottom ther is a wee green scroll click on that and you send a pm through that.  I read somewhere else about a queens body guard i will have a wee look just now
Louise
McCrea - Glasgow Enniskillen
deVall - Dudley Birmingham Rugeley
Graham - Port Glasgow Clydebank Glasgow
Gallacher - Dumbarton Ireland India Madras Calcuta
Sanders - Birmingham
Marris - Port Glasgow Fife Ireland
Fitzsimmons - Enniskillen
Davis - Birmingham Dudley
Brown - Dudley Bristol
Smyth - Enniskilen Northern Ireland
Upshon - India Madras Bangalore Dorset Wales Glasgow Any where in England or India
McLuskie- Glasgow Dumbarton

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 04 February 09 07:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Louise and Alice, this is all great stuff, I too think they are all connected and one big Hatter family, some of the sons or grandsons could have been apprenticed as Tailors. I am fascinated by your stories of the French Revolution and the Blithfield connection.  I found some Baps and Marriages from Colton which is near Blithfield.  Once the weather is better I will go to Blithfield Churchyard and look at the Tombstones.  It is up an unkempt road, really muddy at the best of times!  Will be in touch best wishes linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline AHG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 06 February 09 16:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, My information indcated that our Devalls were in the Rugely graveyard...Interesting to see what you turn up tho!
Alice

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 06 February 09 20:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alice, will have a look around Rugeley Churchyard too, mind you a lot of the old Tombs are difficult to read, apparently it's the acid rain which erodes them, so I have been told, maybe easier to look at the Parish Register.  The name of Martha seems to run through the generations, it does in the George 1786 line, one of his Granddaughters was Martha Maldiva Devall, wonder if that was someone's surname?  Best Wishes from linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Offline TalbotMartin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 21 June 12 16:06 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am interested in your message. Especially;belonged to the Bagot family and she thinks the family worked for them this is in the first part of the 1700's she sent me bits and pieces and one bit was about a family.

Do you have anymore information regarding this?

Please email on (*)

Best wishes
TalbotMartin

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 21 June 12 18:15 BST (UK) »
http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/family-tree/bcconnections/193564/51379/William-Devall-Family

The family are on here, just click the names and you can view the ancestors and descendants.  HTH Linell.