Author Topic: All Saints Trefonen Church records#Completed#  (Read 25971 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: All Saints Trefonen Church records
« Reply #18 on: Monday 25 August 08 11:33 BST (UK) »
William
Yes, that is my Thomas. Mostly he is shown as a shoemaker on his death certificate he was a stonemason journeyman. George was also a shoemaker and so was one of his son's who came to Lancashire where I am now.
Best Wishes and Thanks
Reet
I'll use a symbol for the first time  :)

Shoemaker, labourer, stonemason

Are you sure that they are the same person  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline reet

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 25 August 08 11:37 BST (UK) »
It is confusing. A stone carving was found in a shed in Treflach where Thomas once lived. It looked as though he was practicing a new skill.I'll find it and yes they are the same person

Regards
Reet

Offline reet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 25 August 08 11:42 BST (UK) »
William
This is the stone carving I referred to.
Reet

Offline reet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 25 August 08 20:42 BST (UK) »
Gadget
Just been reading your ancestral trails. very enjoyable. I wish I had so many family photos. What did you make of the stone carving? As I said earlier he is one and the same,be it shoemaker,labourer or stonemason. We have found links to both his families.
Anyway just wanted to thank you and  William for your time.
Best Wishes
Reet :D :D

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 25 August 08 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Reet

Thank you.

It definitely looks like a practise stone. One of my friends did stone carving and always seemed to be hauling stones around to practise. It takes years of training.

I still don't understand the shoemaker part unless there just wasn't the demand and he moved into stone masonry  :-\

I think William is looking for other evidence for you - I hope he comes up trumps  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 25 August 08 21:38 BST (UK) »
Well Reet despite my being in contact with a cousin of yours Geoff  from the Lone Star State,he doesn't appear to offer anything new.Thomas Watkin is also given as a Shoemaker on the Marriage Entry of his son Thomas,when Thomas Junior married a Jane Jones at Rhosymedre Parish Church in 1845.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 25 August 08 21:42 BST (UK) »
Well Reet despite my being in contact with a cousin of yours Geoff  from the Lone Star State,he doesn't appear to offer anything new.Thomas Watkin is also given as a Shoemaker on the Marriage Entry of his son Thomas,when Thomas Junior married a Jane Jones at Rhosymedre Parish Church in 1845.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.

Have I got this correct, William?

I thought that this Thomas was born in 1845. Could the Trefonen Thomas be this Thomas's son? 

I am trying to find my Gt Grandfather birth certificate. I have sent for quite a few but they have never been the correct one. He was baptised at All saints 4 May 1845. His parents were Thomas 1793 Llanarmon and Mary jones 1816 Treflach. He living in Treflach in 1851 according to the census. I have traced all his other documentation marriage children etc. I had no problems with his brother William's birth certificate. Pete at Shropshire FHS suggested I try here.Can anyone help with checking the entry in the church records. Recorded Parents names
Thanks
Reet

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 25 August 08 21:54 BST (UK) »
Well the Thomas Junior must be son of Thomas Watkin(1793) and Ann Pryce.Whilst of course it was a George Watkin Baptised at Trefonen in 1845,one thing is for sure and that I couldn't find any trace of Thomas or the Jane Watkin after 1845 on any Census.Could Jane be Mary?Could George have been Jones when he was born?

Regars
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 25 August 08 21:57 BST (UK) »
It should be pointed out that the Watkin/Jones Marriage took place on December 23rd 1845.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire