Author Topic: BUNTING - Horstead  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Cookie Nanna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
BUNTING - Horstead
« on: Thursday 27 January 05 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Recently discovered the maiden name of my great grandmother and wondered if anyone was also researching the surname BUNTING.

Susannah Bunting was born 1854 Horstead.  Her parents were Joseph BUNTING born c1824 Horstead & Elizabeth CRISP born c1825 Frettenham.

Other children were Amelia, William James, George, Mary Ann & James Arthur all born Horstead.

Would welcome contact from anyone with an interest in the BUNTING name.

Regards
Sue

Offline Holly Bush

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: BUNTING - Horstead
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 July 05 21:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I don't know if this information will be any help or not but it may find you a contact to help you get further back!
I was born in the village of Coltishall (next village to Horstead) & lived next-door but one to a Jack & Iris Bunting who had two daughters, Wendy (now deceased) & Irene.
Jack had a brother in Horstead (?name) who was married & had a large family, Robert, Brian, Beryl, Trevor , Roger, Brenda, Daphne, Peter, Paul, Avril, Eamon & Adrian! They will have been born in the 1940s & 50s. If you could find any of them, they may be able to help. Jack & his brother both worked at Coltishall bakery. Iris is still living so far as I know.
Happy hunting!
Holly Bush
FOLEY - West Midlands, Rowley Regis & local area.
Joseph born c. 1807 married a Mary Harley born c. 1806. She had been married before and was originally a Billingham. She also had a son, Edward, born c.1833, from her Harley marriage.
Looking for Joseph's parents.

Offline Cookie Nanna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 July 05 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I don't know if this information will be any help or not but it may find you a contact to help you get further back!
I was born in the village of Coltishall (next village to Horstead) & lived next-door but one to a Jack & Iris Bunting who had two daughters, Wendy (now deceased) & Irene.
Jack had a brother in Horstead (?name) who was married & had a large family, Robert, Brian, Beryl, Trevor , Roger, Brenda, Daphne, Peter, Paul, Avril, Eamon & Adrian! They will have been born in the 1940s & 50s. If you could find any of them, they may be able to help. Jack & his brother both worked at Coltishall bakery. Iris is still living so far as I know.
Happy hunting!
Holly Bush

Hi Holly

Thanks for that information.  I will certainly pursue this line.

Cheers
Sue

Offline Holly Bush

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 July 05 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Have gleaned more Bunting information for you by speaking to Irene (nee Bunting), a friend since we were born two months apart!
Firstly, Iris is still alive & will be 92 this year!
Jack's brother was Bert & his wife Emma, parents of the 12 children. There was also another brother, Albert married to Hilda & had one daughter, June who is still alive at Horstead.Albert was a postman, Known locally as 'Joey' Albert. Also two sisters called Edna & Mary -not much about them except that Edna has died, unsure abt Mary. The mother of these was widowed, remarried a Myhill & had more children, Roma, Kenny & another I think. Bert is alive in a nursing home in North Walsham. His son Trevor is manager of Roys Ltd at North Walsham & lives at Scottow with wife-family all grown now. Hope this gives you something to work on. Come back to me if more info requ'd.
Holly
Joseph born c. 1807 married a Mary Harley born c. 1806. She had been married before and was originally a Billingham. She also had a son, Edward, born c.1833, from her Harley marriage.

Offline Cookie Nanna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 24 July 05 20:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Holly

Thanks again for the further information.  Unfortunately, my information stops at the 1901 census so unable to say if this may connect to me.  Having said that I wondered if I passed all the information to you would you mind running this past your friend Irene.

I have detailed below details of my G/randmother's brother & his family.

James Arthur Bunting(name was shown as Arthur J) born c1863, he married Louisa KING in 1886, St. Faith's District, Norfolk.  In 1901 they were living Norwich Road, Horstead & Stanninghall and he was a Woodman.

Their children were: Arthur 1883, Margaret Amelia 1887, William 1889 died 1889, William Charles 1891, George Herbert 1892 & Albert James 1894.

If your friend thinks we may connect I can pass on my personal email address as it would be nice to exchange information.  However,  I do understand if she is not interested as I realise not everyone shares this hobby.

Thanks again.

Sue

Offline Holly Bush

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 30 August 05 19:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue

Have passed all your info to my friend via "Royal Mail" as she doesn't have a computer. No reply to date, so will contact you again if and when I hear from her.

Best wishes for your hunting.

Holly

Offline Cookie Nanna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 30 August 05 21:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue

Have passed all your info to my friend via "Royal Mail" as she doesn't have a computer. No reply to date, so will contact you again if and when I hear from her.

Best wishes for your hunting.

Holly
Hi Holly

Many thanks for all your assistance, it is really appreciated.

Best wishes
Sue