Author Topic: Burial - Eccles  (Read 1944 times)

Offline claireandsi

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burial - Eccles
« on: Wednesday 27 August 08 09:48 BST (UK) »
I am trying to trace a burial in Eccles cemetery.  Margaret Murray (m.s. Bonnar), wife of John Murray died 29.04.1860 at Mersington and according to her death record was buried in Eccles.  She was my gt gt gt grandmother.

Does anyone have a copy of the MIs or would anyone be willing to go and have a look for me?   I'd be very grateful.

Claire

Offline terry h

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • With Mum x
    • View Profile
Re: Burial - Eccles
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 August 08 11:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Claire,

I have the Eccles MI's. Sorry there are 4 Murray gravestones but no John or Margaret and no Bonnar.

I don't have the answer to your other query but there is a Fireburn Mill just on the outskirts of Coldstream. Not too far from Eccles. May have something to do with the one you are looking for.

Terry
g grandfather Thomas Borthwick 11/11/1882 - KIA 25/9/1915 aged 33 Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Brothers & cousins to Thomas (Both KIA same day)
Robert Johnstone Borthwick 1898 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 21 North Staffordshire Regiment

George Lowden Borthwick 1899 - KIA 24/3/1918 aged 19 Royal Scots Fusiliers

gr Uncle Walter Combe b1893 - KIA 12/7/1915 aged 22  Kings Own Scottish Borderers

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright  GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline claireandsi

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burial - Eccles
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 August 08 12:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Terry, shame there isn't a stone to see, but I wasn't really expecting to find one, just hoping.

I had seen the Fireburn Mill near Coldstream on a map and wondered if that was something to do with it, but I can't be certain.  Tried googling, but didn't come up with anything else.  It isn't an essential part of my research, I was just trying to place where someone died.

Thanks again

Claire