Author Topic: Denbighshire Free Press in Ruthin Archives  (Read 10455 times)

Offline mocholerton49

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Denbighshire Free Press in Ruthin Archives
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 October 10 13:03 BST (UK) »
I am intrigued by your post as one of my relatives committed suicide in Efenechtyd in September 1888. I am told by his descendants that he discovered his wife was having an affair. Could the death of these two young men have been related & if so might local people who knew about what was going on have exacted revenge on the third party involved? Of course it might simply be a coincidence.
You can read about my relative at www.owen.cholerton/05_elias_52.php etc.
I'd be happy to exchange information with you to explore this possibility ... though it's unlikely we shall ever know!

Offline cnerys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 October 10 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi,
How exciting, though I don't think our relations are linked, as my ancestor David Bloor wasn't married at the time. He was engaged to be married, but we think he had another lady friend. I'll have to check the newspaper clippings I found to see what David's fiancee was called. I have a lot of ties with Efenechtyd, even today I have relations living there, but I shouldn't think they'll know of anything that might help you. What was the name of your ancestor? I couldn't open the link you sent, but I also am intrigued now. I haven't got any further in my delving into David Bloor's mystery, I'll have to get his death certificate.

Kind regards
Nerys
Morris - Gwytherin/Llangernyw/Pandy Tudur
Blore - Efenechtyd/Clocaenog
Bloor - Cwm/Newmarket Wales
Price - Llangwm, Poulton cum Seacomb/Bebington
Roberts - Llanelidan - 'Pantrwth' Eyarth, Liverpool, Sheffield, Llanrwst
Roberts - Brookhouse Denbigh, Bontuchel
Williams - Abergele
Hughes - Llanfairtalhaiarn
Jones - Llangynhafal

Offline mocholerton49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 04 October 10 00:37 BST (UK) »
Sorry, my mistake!  :-[ The web address is www.owen.cholerton.org/05_elias_52.php.

You will see from the website that my relation was the son of the local vicar. It is only recently that I have traced some of his living descendants & I am gradually updating my website as I learn more. I have just been reading a report from the Denbighshire Free Press about the inquest into his death & I shall be adding this to the site shortly. I would be most interested to see any reports you may have about your ancestor. You will also see from the website that the unfaithful wife suffered a terrible fate as a consequence of her actions.

Hope you can now get to see the site ... but let me know if you have any more problems.

Offline cnerys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 04 October 10 15:12 BST (UK) »
I managed to see  your web link. You have very interesting ancestors if they played for Wales :) What a sad story though. Interesting though, a fair few of my ancestors married in Liverpool instead of Ruthin district where they were from. I don't know where to begin looking into why they chose there. I will have to PM you a clipping from the newspaper article on my ancestor. He is buried in Efenechtyd Churchyard with his father.

Thank you for the link to your page.
Best wishes
Nerys
Williams - Abergele
Jones - Llangynhafal

Offline mocholerton49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 04 October 10 18:58 BST (UK) »
Glad you got onto the site.

You can contact me directly via the site & then I can send you my usual e-mail address if you want to send me attachments. I'd be delighted to receive anything you have. I love the detective work involved in this research but rest assured that I'm not assuming there is a connection between the incidents involving these two young men.

It was so sad that such foolish acts of youth should have such tragic consequences.

Best wishes,

Moira

Offline mocholerton49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 09 October 10 09:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Nerys,

Is there any chance you could send me copies of the news reports about David? No problem if not as I can go to the newspaper library at Colindale or to the Gale site (it would be helpful to know the references).

Best wishes,

Moira

Offline cnerys

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 09 October 10 11:42 BST (UK) »
Sorry Moira,
It went clean out of my head to send you the report, I do apologise. I did find the reports on the gale newspaper trial site when it was free, just typed David Bloor. But I'll send to you now.

Best wishes
Nerys
Williams - Abergele
Jones - Llangynhafal

Offline mocholerton49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 14 October 10 22:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Nerys,

Very many thanks for the newpaper reports. I have now carried out some further research which produced some intriguing findings. The story of David Blore's mysterious death is now added as an aside to my Owen family history, though the only known link with my Owens is that Rev. Elias Owen conducted David's funeral service.

You can access my report of events via the link at the very bottom of this page: www.owen.cholerton.org/05_elias_52.php.

If anyone can contribute to solving the mystery it would be much appreciated!

Moira