Author Topic: 1851 Census Robert Vincent  (Read 556 times)

Offline mikemore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1851 Census Robert Vincent
« on: Thursday 27 January 05 23:51 GMT (UK) »
I would appreciate it if somebody could confirm the age of Robert Vincent s/o Robt. and Eliza in the 1851 Census for Barney Walsingham Norfolk (PRO Ref HO/107/1826  folio 430 page 1

I have seen the CD put out by the LDS in 1997 and it lists young Robert as 6. But he is listed after David, age 2. Another brother Agustine (which I think is a misspelling of Aquilla) is also 6 but "Agustine" was born in Wells and Robert in Barney.  I think that Robert's age is really 6 months but would like to confirm it. Thanks from cold Canada.

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census Robert Vincent
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 January 05 02:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi mike,

have used the same cd for hundreds of lookups and for some reason the baby never has the mts written after it.  I would say the entry should definately be 6mts.
Whether the transcriber couldn't make out the letters after the number or whether they thought they weren't important I don't know. As you have the film number if you were to go to a LDS library they could show you the film and you could see it for yourself. I am sure there should be one near you.  I think most people on this board have the same cd.
Had a look on the 1861 for Barney but no sign of the family
Hope this helps somebit. All the best and Good luck Angela.

Offline mikemore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Census Robert Vincent
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 January 05 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, I'll check out the FHC,