Author Topic: Update On John Boddy  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Gord Boddy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Update On John Boddy
« on: Saturday 30 August 08 14:58 BST (UK) »
By tracing the surname "Hunt" I have located a William Body who married an unnamed daughter of William & Elizabeth Hunt. William and this unnamed woman had two boys: Johnston Body (born 1815 in Mohill) and John (born 1816 in Mohill). There is a John Body identified in the Upper Canada (Ontario) census of 1844. In the 1851 census records indicate John and Matilda's first born was Albert who matches the record for my great, great, great grandfather. Albert was born in 1838 in Kitley township of Leeds county. This birthdate would suggest that John and Matilda immigrated to Canada in the mid 1830s. The names of the children Johnston & John is too much of a coincidence for me not to say that I have found my Mohill ancestors. One minor concern is the one "d" in Body and not two. However the 1844 census in Upper Canada spells John's name with one "d" and the 1851 census with two. The only fly in the ointment is that the John Body identified in the Hunt lineage married a Sarah Percival. If this John Body is indeed my ancestor I am hoping there is a divorce or death record for Sarah. If there isn't, then my ancestor is a bigamist.

So I am looking for information on William Boddy or Body and the unnamed daughter of William and Elizabeth Hunt.  Any information on Sarah Percival would also be helpful.

Once again many thnx for the suggestions regarding my first post.