Author Topic: John Lisle  (Read 2992 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Lisle
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 17 February 22 12:13 GMT (UK) »
You are welcome Algy.
I would check out St Paul, Whitley Bay on Find A Grave - I have just added the last of the 'Lisles' who once had memorials.  In total there were 9 memorials for Lisles which once existed.
I am in the process of trying to add all who were buried at St Paul so there may be a lot more Lisles and others to find eventually. 
I read somewhere that there were four and a half thousand buried here; can't remember exactly where I read that so I have quite a lot to add eventually if this is right.  It is a shame that the majority of memorials at St Paul's have been cleared.  At least I am trying to show what once existed through Find A Grave additions.
I would really recommend that book I mentioned above - it is about the Cullercoats Fisher choir and features photographs and references/stories about many Cullercoats folk including the Lisles.  :)

I forgot to add it might be worth contacting the Church as there might be an illustration of what the memorial once looked like and where it once was located within the grounds - if that might be of interest to have further information?
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner