Author Topic: 1861 Census, Poplar, HALL  (Read 1103 times)

Offline LeeHall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1861 Census, Poplar, HALL
« on: Friday 28 January 05 10:08 GMT (UK) »
I realise there isn't much access to the 1861 census - BUT - if some lovely person has it could they look-up my family from Suffolk who appeared to be in London at this date:

JOHN CAPPS HALL b.1829, Lowestoft possibly occupied as a mariner? and his wife -

SUSANNAH LEABON HALL b. 1834, Lowestoft possibly with their children JOHN b. 1859, Lowestoft and GEORGE b. 1856

The family had a child, JAMES CANN HALL registered in the POPLAR district 1861 - but not until December.
They were back in Suffolk by the end of the decade.

Thank you so much,
Lee
ADAMS, ALDRED, AYERS/AYRES,BAILEY,BOWLES,BROOKS,BURROWS/BURROUGHS/BORROWS, CANN,CAPPS,CATCHPOLE, EDMONDS/EDMUNDS,FISHER,GOSLING/GOSTLING, HALL, HOOK, LARKMAN, LEABON, MOORE, MOSS, MOULTON, PARK/PARKE, POWELL, SAUNDERS, SPURGEON, WORTLEY and growing...
Norfolk & Suffolk - particularly Yarmouth and Lowestoft, (some Essex, London, Liverpool, Durham)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Barbara F

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census, Poplar, HALL
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 January 05 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Lee

I have the 1861 census but no index yet.

Do you have an addess for the Dec 1861 birth?  If so I will look it up.

Otherwise come back to me in a week or so when, hopefully my index will have arrived.

Barbara F

Joy, Larkin, Twort, Baker, Whibley - Brenchley and Horsmonden area Kent
Fewell and Speller - Essex and London
Headington and Bateman - London
Feltwell - Norfolk and London
Lewin - India and NZ
Evan-Thomas - Wales and London
Purser and Cook - Hunts

Offline LeeHall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 January 05 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for replying - i don't have the certificate for the London birth. he isn't a direct ancestor, I'm researching the family tree as a present and money is a little tight :) All I know is he was born in the registrational district of Poplar, so I'm presuming the family were staying there.

If you could do a quick check for me when you get the index then that would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Lee
ADAMS, ALDRED, AYERS/AYRES,BAILEY,BOWLES,BROOKS,BURROWS/BURROUGHS/BORROWS, CANN,CAPPS,CATCHPOLE, EDMONDS/EDMUNDS,FISHER,GOSLING/GOSTLING, HALL, HOOK, LARKMAN, LEABON, MOORE, MOSS, MOULTON, PARK/PARKE, POWELL, SAUNDERS, SPURGEON, WORTLEY and growing...
Norfolk & Suffolk - particularly Yarmouth and Lowestoft, (some Essex, London, Liverpool, Durham)

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 July 05 11:33 BST (UK) »
Hello

Raglan? Street, Lowestoft

John Hall abt 1830  Lowestoft, Suffolk, England Head  Mariner Merch S.
Susannah Hall abt 1834  Lowestoft, Suffolk, England Wife 
George Hall abt 1857  Lowestoft, Suffolk, England Son 
John Hall abt 1859  Lowestoft, Suffolk, England Son 

RG9/1187
Folio:    234 
Page:    40

Regards
Jonathan
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LeeHall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 July 05 10:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you Jonathan - I had almost forgotten about this request... slightly disapointed to see the family still in Lowestoft, I'll have to try different avenues to discover where they were and what they were doing in London.

Thanks again,
Lee