Author Topic: iZATT  (Read 3980 times)

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
iZATT
« on: Sunday 31 August 08 20:51 BST (UK) »
hELLO I AM TRYING TO TRACE A FAMILY IZATT WHO LIVED IN TRANENT  I KNOW HE FELL FROM A ROOF AND THAT IT WAS FATAL,HE HAD 2 CHILDREN A BOY NAMED DAVIES LLEWELYN AND A DAUGHTER DOES THIS RING ANY BELLS WITH ANYBODY  THANKS BERNADINE
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

damnonii

Re: iZATT
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 September 08 22:08 BST (UK) »
hello Bernadine, I can check the Scotsman archive to see if they reported the accident if you want.  What was his full name and do you know the date of his fall? 

Also for future reference if you need to correct something you don't need to post again, just click the 'modify' button at the top right hand side of your post.

Lora.

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hello and thanks his name Llewllyn Turner1908 he died 1960 fell from a roof in tranent Im not sure if he was from there or jedburgh  Thanks bernie .He had a daughter and a son Davies Llewellyn Turner
Mulcahy Antrim Turner Wales Foster Liverpool Nisbet Scotland Brodigan Drogheda Thomas Wales

damnonii

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Bernie, unfortunately the Scotsman online archive only goes up to 1950.  You would need to look at the copies in the national library of scotland or the mitchell.  I checked for any bmd announcements though but didn't come up with anything, sorry.

On SP the only Llewellyn Turner born in Scotland between 1905 - 1915 was born in 1908 in Ballingry, Fife.

There was however a Llewelly [sic] Turner born in Jedburgh in 1944.

The nearest record I can find for his son is a Davies Turner born in Milton, Lanarkshire in 1930.  There are no matches for Davies Llewellyn or variants. 

Llewellyn's death record is also indexed on SP, but you would need to order it since it counts as a modern record.

Lora

Offline bernadine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 September 08 10:20 BST (UK) »
thank you so much and yes the Jedburgh one is right I think I'm sure it was mentioned by someone and I took note because I too live in the Borders,Isn't that a funny way to spell Llewellyn ,do you know in all our Branches theres always a Llewellyn,good job we keep family names it helps when searching,Thank you for your help much appreciated Bernadine