Author Topic: Badger/Garvey  (Read 4167 times)

Offline simonjm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Badger/Garvey
« on: Tuesday 02 September 08 21:30 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for information on Michael BADGER who married Catherine GARVEY in Galway City in 1919. They lived at Parkavera in the early 1920's. Did they have any other children than William James BADGER b. 1921?

Michael BADGER (b. 1879, Turloughmore) was the son of Michael BADGER and Winnifred McDONAGH, who had a farm at Canteeny.

Catherine GARVEY was born about 1883, the daughter of William GARVEY. Catherine was previously married to Patrick WARD a sailor in 1899. Did they have children?

Any info or help would be appreciated.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Badger/Garvey
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 10:37 BST (UK) »
Many of the Galway records (Census & Parish BMD) are on line in the two Galway sections on http://www.irish-roots.ie - you have to pay to view the record details but the basic search is free.

There are results on both the 1901 and 1911 census for the surname Badger including two Michaels on the 1901 census for Galway West. 

There is also a marriage record for a 'Michael Badger' during 1919 in Galway East - but there does not seem to be a matching entry for Catherine Garvey in that year - although there is a marriage under that name in 1917.... there are 5 other female marriage around that time (+/- 5 Yrs).

Galway West : http://galwaywest.brsgenealogy.com/
Galway East : http://galwayeast.brsgenealogy.com/

Shane.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline simonjm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 September 08 14:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Shanew147,

Hearty Thanks. I've looked at the 1901 census and did indeed find my BADGER family! I will wait until the 1911 census in released online to look at that. The Michael BADGER that married in 1919 is indeed mine, his wife Catherine would have been entered under WARD, as she was a widow at time of marriage.

Thanks again

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 September 08 14:36 BST (UK) »
I realized after I posted that message that the marriage was Catherine's second and I searched the wrong name ..

anyway good to know you've got a link to follow. I'm sure there is now quite a few people waiting for various census details - I'm waiting for Wicklow which is a the bottom of the list  :(.

Shane

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests