Author Topic: Census Lookup - James King - COMPLETED  (Read 571 times)

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
Census Lookup - James King - COMPLETED
« on: Wednesday 03 September 08 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hello

I am just trying to wrap up some loose ends and wondered whether anyone can help me find the census records of James King, born about 1841 in Hinckley, Leicestershire. 

I understand that James is the father of Elizabeth King, who i believe was born MarQ 1864 in Hinckley and who is the person that i am researching.

I have found a possible listing of a King family in the 1881 census (RG11; Piece: 3131; Folio: 103; Page: 16) and in the 1891 census (RG12; Piece: 2503; Folio 101; Page 23) although cannot find any other records for the family.  Interesting whilst the family members tie up on the above two census's the birth place for James and his wife Ann are reversed, such that in 1881 James is born in Hinckley and in 1891 he is from Harthill with Ann's details also reversed.

I have assumed that these are both the same family and that the mistake is a clerical error.

However, i would be grateful to receive any assistance on the matter in the hope that i can try and progress further back in time.

Thanks in advance.

TB

Offline Truebrit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • View of Hinckley - 1791
    • View Profile
Re: Census Lookup - James King - COMPLETED
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 21:18 BST (UK) »
I have now stumbled upon the missing census'.

Kind Regards

TB