Author Topic: CARVER Ramblings Part 2  (Read 74455 times)

Offline Paul Egan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CARVER Ramblings Part 2
« Reply #225 on: Friday 28 April 23 02:50 BST (UK) »
My email is  :o :o :o :o Please send a note and we can exhange information, then post anything relevant to Carver Ramblings. Regards Paul

Mod comment:

Pse dont pop up your own email address!! You never know as to whom is watching!

Offline janan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: Friday 28 April 23 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Trudy
Yes I descend from the Wrestlingworth Bedfordshire Carvers  and started both this and the previous Carver Ramblings thread. There is masses of information but it does take a lot of wading through!
I can't actually remember where Benjamin fits in, but don't think any connection has been established between him and my lot.
Jan
ALL CENSUS DATA INCLUDED IN POSTINGS IS CROWN COPYRIGHT, FROM  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

bedfordshire - farr, carver,handley, godfrey, newell, bird, emmerton, underwood,ancell
buckinghamshire- pain
cambridgeshire- bird, carver
hertfordshire- conisbee, bean, saunders, quick,godfrey
derbyshire- allsop, noon
devon - griffin, love, rapsey
dorset- rendall, gale
somerset- rendall, churchill
surrey/middlesex - douglas, conisbee, childs, lyon groombridge

Offline Easby Carver

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday 02 May 23 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Y'all,

Yes - I am still around, albeit brought back here through my first RC notification received for some time.

If anyone wishes to ask a specific question of me, ask away - (any earlier ones submitted passed me by, alas)

I will shortly post a general summary of what my DNA testing has come with up (of the Ancestry.com variety).

Cheers,

Neil (Easby).

Offline Easby Carver

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday 02 May 23 12:07 BST (UK) »
Y'all,

Down the years, the DNA geographical depiction for me has oscillated wildly, it has to be said.   This has been very evident overseas; less evident for the UK.    One UK constant has been the absence of ‘Bedfordshire’ for my geographical coverage. 

I expected ‘lots’ of ‘Bedfordshire’ to show.

Stubbornly, the UK hot-spot area depicted for me refuses to go further south than a line from Nottingham across to The Wash.

My non-Carver mother is from East Riding, Yorkshire and the DNA-profiling for this side of the family ‘works’, in that a cousin who joined the pool unbeknownst to me, was accurately ‘pinged’ for me by Ancestry.com

I had thought all this indicated a likely break somewhere in my Carver lineage which contradicted the paper-based one for me – until recently.

Recently, I have been ‘pinged’ by Ancestry.com for people on the Carver side of my family tree and this DNA-based line links me back to Samuel Carver (1850-1902), my Great-Grandfather.

So, ‘confused of Bedfordshire’, I might well be termed.

Regards,
Neil (Easby)

PS: fyi: I am UK-based, although I was born in the States.  Until very recently, I was a dual UK-US citizen.