Author Topic: 1882 Shop Ucha Cynwyd  (Read 5746 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1882 Shop Ucha Cynwyd
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 15:37 BST (UK) »
I can't find them in the 1891 - that would give a better indication of her birth place. Have you checked that one or the 1881  for her ?

oops - did sums wrong - will go look again !
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 15:47 BST (UK) »
Only one that's coming up on the 1891 is this

RG12/4636 F 95 P 8

Mary Hughes,   36,  b. Garth Bucha(n), Denbighshire
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 15:48 BST (UK) »
No  they are not showing in the later Census years too readily!I suppose we will have to wait for Dai Llan to get back to us?

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 15:54 BST (UK) »
Yep - if we could have the details of Evan Hughes, we could be more sure. The one on the 1891 was a stonemason with father Thomas Hughes living with them.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 15:57 BST (UK) »
Yes they are a frustrating lot!I can't see this Evan in 1881?

Regards
William Ryssell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 16:05 BST (UK) »
We have to go back to 1861 to find the Evan born in Gwyddelwern in c 1848 showing as the son of Thomas and Ann Hughes.RG9/4311/56/9.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 16:13 BST (UK) »
That's the one on the 1891 - An would have died as Thomas is showing as a widower.

Think we ought to wait for Dai.

The occupier of Shop, Cynwyd in 1881 was a Butcher/Grocer by the name of Davies!

Offline Dai Llan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 20:11 BST (UK) »
I would like to thank everyone for their stout efforts, i have all the details of Evan Jones Hughes from Birth (Llandrillo yn Rhos)to Death (Llanelian yn Rhos) including all the Certificates,and the addresses they lived at (Old Colwyn/Llanelian) on the 1881 census he was living with his parents in Colwyn Bay the same address as on the Wedding Certificate.I must consider the 1971 details at Llangar Parish,as the only starting point i have for Mary at the moment are the details on the Wedding Certificate/Headstone for age etc., As i am new to this (Like most people i started my search 10 years too late,people who could tell me are gone)can you tell me what the reference numbers you are providing relate to, is it the national archives? I have been lucky so far as my Mothers side were all born and lived around Llandudno for generations so i was able to spend hours trawling the registry office to get them.I actually spent years visiting my Nain,s Grave (she died 11 years before i was born) not realizing that my G Nain/Taid were only 2 plots away as her Mother died 12 months after her aged 81 years.p.s. what area does the Llangar Parish cover i have lost touch with the areas since moving Manchester area.Once again many thanks
Located near Manchester
Jones-Hughes Eglwysbach-Llangwstenin-Llandrillo yn Rhos-Colwyn Bay-Old Colwyn-Llanelian
Hughes Eglwysbach-Llandrillo yn Rhos-Colwyn Bay-Llanelian
Owen Eglwysbach-Llandudno
Williams Eglwysbach-Llandudno-Penrhynside-Macclesfield
Edwards Llandudno
Green Llanbeblig-Caernarvon
Evans Llanbeblig-Caernarvon

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 03 September 08 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Dai

The numbers that we have been talking about are the census references :

First,  the general census reference - HO or RG with a number following which signifies the year
Then the more specifics - a Piece or book number (the area number, if you like). Then a Folio number (2 pages in each folio/book were stamped with the same folio number), and, finally a page number. These numbers are unique. Thus:

RG12/4636 F 95 P 8

RG12 refers to 1891 census
4536 refers to the 'piece/book'
95 refers to the folio (2-pages) in the book
8 refers to the page

Hope this helps.

Gadget