Author Topic: Look up request Nancy STONE & Coralie STONE  (Read 4595 times)

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request Nancy STONE & Coralie STONE
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 06 September 08 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hello  there

thanks  for  your  kind words...........it is really  nice  when someone does acknowledge  the  work done by  others  for  them

Now in  reply 11 Cazay  gave you a link  to  The Ryerson Index

you  will also see details for Nancy Stone

BARNS Nancy Death notice 23NOV1977 Death 80  late of Belmore Sydney Morning Herald 25NOV1977

If you  contact  them  you should get a copy of  the funeral or death notice  which  more than often  does say  the children's names (if any).

Also  you  could obtain a copy of  the death certificate.  Australian death certificates have a lot of information on  them,  including  the names and ages of the children, assuming  the informant knows  the names that is.

You can purchase a copy direct from  the NSW BDM's on line for $25.00 or use a transcription agent for around $15, which is cheaper and a lot quicker.

Australian census returns are  the same as England for information but one big difference except for a couple  of very early one  they were either destroyed or are not made public.  Also  England  is  only  released up to 1901 so  it would be 12  years before  we will see a 1921 census.

Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline gennig

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 September 08 02:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Christine

I think she arrived in Australia with her husband. 

New South Wales unassisted immigrant passenger list 1826-1922.

Nancy Barnes  - 18 Jul 1920 Kigoma 

Cheers

Genni
All census look up transcriptions are Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames:
Armstrong, Gray, Greco, Lambden, Le Busque, Beaton, Carron, Pitt, Gould
Areas:
Victoria, Tasmania, Hampshire, Berkshire, Yorkshire, Fermanagh, Glamorgan

Offline KatrinaD

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 24 April 23 13:44 BST (UK) »
I live in Sydney Australia. I’m fairly certain My great grandfather was the Samuel Charles Barns referred to here as he was in WWI.His son, George Maxwell Barns (who had an older sister I believe) was my grandfather. I remember my Nanna and Poppa talking about “Nance” who I assume was Poppas mum! Tomorrow is ANZAC day (a day of rememberance here in Australia for our army). George Barns Married Mabel Elizabeth Hedley and they had 2 daughters, Julie and Lynette. Julie had 3 children and Lynette 2 (myself and my brother).

I have just found a copy of my grandfathers death certificate which confirmed his mothers name was Nancy Stone. Says here that George was born in Gloucestershire England. He was born in 1923 so Samuel must have returned to England after WWI.