Author Topic: Homing in on Homer...  (Read 9793 times)

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Homing in on Homer...
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 04 September 08 13:59 BST (UK) »
1861 RG9/2074 folio 25 page 44  Kingswinford Staffordshire

Salt Well     ???

William Homer age 63 Nailer all born Kingswinford
Nancy age 63 Nailer
Samuel son age 33  Forge Lab

Pam
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 04 September 08 14:07 BST (UK) »
Blimey Pam, I am overwhelmed! There is certainly a very large one waiting for you if you ever find yourself over here in Nuneaton! What else can I say except many thanks again for your efforts on my behalf
humbly,
Al

Offline down-under

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 04 September 08 14:08 BST (UK) »
Happy to be of help.

Kindest Regards

Pam from Western Australia
oakley, Leadbeater, Hemming, Jones, Pearsall, Page,------ Aston, Leominster, Balsall Heath, Tewkesbury, Kings Norton, Birmingham.

census information are crown copyright of www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sls

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 04 March 09 08:11 GMT (UK) »
Al, 

I am researching the Benjamin Homer family.  I don't have the info at hand, but Benjamin married Caroline Weldon.  I think Benjamin is the brother of my great-great grandmother, Hannah Homer, born about 1822, born in Quarry Bank or Brierley Hill.  Hannah married Elijah Cartwright of Brierley Hill. I saw that you may have had a Cartwright connection also.  Like I said I am on a different laptop and don't have my info, but I am pretty sure that William and Nancy Homer were living near Benjamin.  Hannah and Elijah moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania , US about 1846.  Hannah died about 1856, but she had 5 children, Benjamin, David, Wesley Elijah (my great-grandfather) Mary Ellen and William.  I have Elijah and Hannah's marriage record--they were married in the parish church of Dudley and their residence was listed as Baptist End.  I am from the US and am a little confused about the districts, counties, and parishes.   On the marriage record it states that her father was Benjamin Homer, deceased.  Is it possible to get cemetery records or deaths  records before 1837? 

I do know that Elijah's father was also Elijah Cartwright and his mother may have been Mary Round/Rounds-----his siblings were John, William, David, Louisa (married William Stanyard), Mercy ( may have married Thomas Hatton and Thomas Plant), Maria, Elizabeth (may have married Thomas Plant first).

Regards, Sheri

Offline sls

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 04 March 09 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Rod,

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate you sending the message to your friend.

Is it easy to get church records and cemetery records?  I am not sure where to look for sure, but I would think Brierley Hill would be the place to start.  I know that my great-grandfather was named Wesley, because Elijah was impressed with John Wesley, but I am not sure what church they would have attended.  When he came to the states he became a Methodist minister.

Again, thank you and if you need any help researching  in the states--I might be able to help.

Sheri

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 04 March 09 10:06 GMT (UK) »
Sheri, will send you another pm
Al