Author Topic: BRULEY/TEBBUTT  (Read 12018 times)

Offline 4mywife

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
BRULEY/TEBBUTT
« on: Monday 12 April 04 15:55 BST (UK) »
ive just started my tree and im looking for a Reuben Charles Bruley .m. Kate Tebbutt.1890 ish.they may have run a Inn,they lived in n/hamton,i have only a little info so far[still working on my dad but he is 85 and has lots of memorys]also im looking for a jesse lewis my ggf also of n/hampton same time1890
im looking at bruley,[found] tebbutt, northamton,lewis  from saltry and now now down south ,barton, points ,fell and bayliss from clerkenwell, pearce from london,price,poole, yapp,  ebbw vale

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Re:BRULEY/TEBBUTT
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 April 04 10:18 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I found the marriage.

Marriages Dec Qtr 1894
Bruley  Reuben Charles    Northampton  3b 187  
Tebbutt  Kate     Northampton  3b 187  

RootsChat ;D
Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline Catherine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 April 04 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hello

Found with the 1901 census decoder

Reuben Bruley     Age 35    B. St. Matthews, London
Kate Bruley          Age 30   B. Northampton
Florence Bruley    Age 5     B. Northampton
Charles Bruley     Age 1     B. Northampton
Henry Bruley        Age 7M  B. Northampton

Reuben was a Leather Boot Finisher, and Kate was a Leather Boot Fitter

Census Place St. Sepulchre
County  Northampton

Catherine    :)

Offline Catherine

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 April 04 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hi!
On the 1881 census, there is two Kate Tebbutts born 1871 in Northumberland, and both families work in the (boot) line.
So if you obtained the marriage certificate, it would give you fathers name, then if you go to the following site, you will be able to check the info on the 1881 census.

Cannot find Rueben on any of the 1881 census

http://www.family search.org/

Catherine   :)

Offline 4mywife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 April 04 18:37 BST (UK) »
 ;D thank you so much, with this info it should jog dads memory im working on m/c etc it may be my uncle has them[i hope]once again thanks ;D
im looking at bruley,[found] tebbutt, northamton,lewis  from saltry and now now down south ,barton, points ,fell and bayliss from clerkenwell, pearce from london,price,poole, yapp,  ebbw vale

Offline pinkcarnation

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 20 May 04 19:39 BST (UK) »
Hi There,

I also have Bruley/Tebbutt in my family tree I think they must be the same family as they moved to Northampton from London. I have lots of information on the Bruleys in London and some of the Bruleys in Northampton too! Let me know if you would like some help and we can possibly exchange info by email or messenger.

Sue

Offline 4mywife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 20 May 04 20:23 BST (UK) »
 :)hi sue ,i would be very interested in any info you have, i am still trying to get my dad to write every thing down he can remember, but at this time my mums not very well and we have other things to worry about.im still waiting to hear from my uncle!.the thing is they are all getting very old now :-[ i wish i had started this years ago,as a child i heard stories i wish i had taken more in!i will try e/mail you when i can .[ps i started out doing 4mywifes tree and got side tracked]. mark

Offline pinkcarnation

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 20 May 04 20:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Mark,

I understand about your mum no worries contact me whenever your ready and we can exchange notes. By the way Reuben Charles Bruley is my Great Grand Uncle.

Sue

Offline 4mywife

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 22 May 04 21:35 BST (UK) »
 ;D. hi sue reuben was my g/g/father.he was the father of my g/mother,my dads mother,i know i did not  have put that down,but it fills up space,i have some info but its stuck in this bl**dy m/c .im using FTM and i cant put it into  word files yet! my mother got quite excited when i said i had a reply so she is getting on to my uncle for any info she can get,hope to talk soon ;D