Author Topic: mcgarrell/wilson/trainor/trestrail/solomon  (Read 14121 times)

Offline Treebone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mcgarrell/wilson/trainor/trestrail/solomon
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 22:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am new to this site and came about it completely by accident, when i saw the name Trestrail mentioned while surfing.
My grandmother was Dorothy Trestrail who married William Wilson in Gateshead sometime around the 1920s.
I have never done any kind of genealogy research before but i am starting to become quite fascinated by it all.

Ian Wilson

Offline trestrail

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 11 April 12 23:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian,

Wow, my name is Linda Wilson McParland!!!   (nee Trestrail).    You will love this site.  The people are friendly and so helpful, and I've become friends with a Trestrail who has devoted many years to tracing the Trestrail name.  I have relatives who moved from Hayle to Gateshead and I believe that Dorothy is in my family.  I am getting ready to have a new computer put in place of this one and my son needs to get in here to work.  It's my birthday and we are going out later with my drum circle friends.  I will be more than happy to assist you tomorrow.

This is addictive and fascinating work & I believe it is a way of honoring our family by finding them and remembering who they are and where we've come from.   

Welcome to the wonderful world of tracing our roots.
Linda
Trestrail  - My maiden name -  My Father's side from Hayle
Knight -
Tremlett
Hosking
Powning
Freethy
Matthews
Jenkin
Woolcock
Crocker
Robertson
Holman
Hichens
Badge
Goldsack
Curtis
Uren  - My Mother's side from Cambourne/Gwinear/Wendron/Helston
Gill
Penpraze
Trewin
Hendra
Secombe
Symonds
Edwards
Hocking

Offline seekingpauling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 13 April 12 04:03 BST (UK) »
hi ian
my grandma was carolyine charlotte  testrail , her twins name was william george trestrail. my grandma married john henry mcgarrell, my father george mcgarrell married a wilson, my dads family lived in lowfell gateshead, my mams family, wilsons lived in gateshead
i had a great aunt dorothy, i remember her i lived in gateshead untill 1968 when we emigrated to australia.

Offline Treebone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 13 April 12 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Linda, Hi kathleen,
William and Dorothy had 12 children:
Peggy (Margaret)
Billy (my dad)
Iris
Robert
Dorothy
John Brian
Lottie (Charlotte)
George
Danny
Allen
Freddy
Lilly.
Peggy married Norman Wharrier and is no longer with us and niether is Robert (who outlived his own son Robert, very sad) and George.
Lilly the youngest married William Stagg.
Thats about all i know off the top of my head, apart from they all lived at Hendon Rd, Deckham Gateshead at one time.
Robert also had a daughter, Linda Wilson who married a welshman but i cant remember his name.
I also remember going to visit one of my grans sisters back in 1973-4 who lived in Worcester, i think but am not sure that she was always called Aunty Lottie by all.

Ian.

Offline Lib1299

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 03 November 12 21:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi every one, my name is William Stagg, I am the second child of Lily Wilson and William Stagg. I am new to all of this, but I am very interested in my family tree. My uncle Robert who passed away 3 years ago attempted our family tree but I'm not sure how far he got. I have made some inquiries with his daughter so hopefully I will be able to post some of his findings on here soon.
William.

Offline Treebone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 04 November 12 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi cousin William :)

Ian.

Offline Lib1299

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 04 November 12 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ian

Nice to hear from you, I have contacted our cousin Linda enquiring about uncle Roberts attempt at our family tree, she is going to look into it for me. It's amazing how large our family is, I am meeting up with one of our Canadian cousins tomorrow. Keenan Brookes is over on holiday with his girlfriend, he is your dads auntie Lottie's great grandson.
Keep in touch, take care and best regards to your dad.

William.

Offline Treebone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 05 November 12 13:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi William,
i saw a copy of uncle Roberts family tree on one of the occaisions when he visited my dad, that was several years ago and to be totally honest i was not very interested.
Its amazing how over the years you can become more curious and want to find out more especially on grans side.
What kindled my interest was talking to a guy on one of the shooting forums who comes from the mining areas of Montana, about the migration of cornish miners in the 19th century and his memory of the mention of the name Trestrail.
I have not been very successful about finding anything more about this maybe you will have more success.
Enjoy your meeting with Keenan i bet you will have a lot to talk about.

Ian.

Offline seekingpauling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 06 November 12 02:30 GMT (UK) »
hi William (cuz)
my name i s Kathleen, my connection is i am the granddaughter of Caroline Charlotte tr estrail, her 2 nieces emigrated to Canada , Winny and lottie, id love to make contact with there decedents, if you could ask them if they would like to id be most grateful, my father was her youngest son George, named after her twin George ( or William George on some sites), my grandfathers name was John Henry Mcgarrell.
look forward to hearing from you
Kathleen