Author Topic: Heyburns in Artrea and Ballynascreen  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Tropikkal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Heyburns in Artrea and Ballynascreen
« on: Sunday 07 September 08 05:02 BST (UK) »
I have regiment enlistment records for
John HEYBURN, weaver,  b. c. 1782 in Ballynascreen who enlisted in the 27th Regiment in 1794
and
James HEYBURN, weaver, b.c. 1780 in Artrea who enlisted in the 69th Regiment in 1810.
I am hoping that these two men are related to my g/g/g/father, John HEYBURN who was born (so his record says) in Clones, Co. Monaghan in 1792 and enlisted in the 27th Regiment in 1809.
Maybe they were brothers or cousins.
This has been a brick wall for me for many years.
Can anyone help, please?
Williams- Cape of Good Hope and Australia, McGinnis - Ireland and Australia, Heyburn - Ireland and Australia, Mead/Meagher - Ireland and Australia.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Heyburns in Artrea and Ballynascreen
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 September 08 08:21 BST (UK) »
Artrea and Ballinascreen aren't that close to Clones (about 95 km). Other than a common surname (Heyburn) do you have any other reason for thinking that these 2 men could be related to your family?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Tropikkal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 September 08 10:30 BST (UK) »
Having a common name, HEYBURN, being born within a space of 12 years of each other, and especially the two Johns being in the same regiment, was incentive enough for me to have a stab in the dark.
My g/g/g/father John Heyburn was born 10 years after the other John and I suppose families may have moved, especially if the father was a soldier as well. (Another wild stab in the dark.)
Finding anything about HEYBURN in either Artrea and Ballynascreen would be a good start though.
It's all about guess-work, process of elimination and finding someone who knows a bit about the Derry area.
Williams- Cape of Good Hope and Australia, McGinnis - Ireland and Australia, Heyburn - Ireland and Australia, Mead/Meagher - Ireland and Australia.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 September 08 11:35 BST (UK) »
Lots of Heyburns in Griffith's Valuation which was mid 1800s:
http://griffiths.askaboutireland.ie/gv4/gv_family_search_form.php
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!