Author Topic: G/Grandparents  (Read 2502 times)

Offline McKillop

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
G/Grandparents
« on: Monday 12 April 04 20:10 BST (UK) »
McKillop I am researching my G/Grandfather and G/Grandmother both born in Ireland according to the 1881 census Habergan Eaves Lancashire FHL film 134 1995 PRO ref RG11. John McKillop 1829 and his wife Eliza Burn 1833. They turn up in Scotland with a daughter Margaret born to them in Edinburgh 1861.They are also identified in the 1871 and 1891 census in Lancashire . Question where were they born/when were they married and where did they die. They had children born in Hampshire. I have been trying for some time to chase down this information wirhout success, Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re: G/Grandparents
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 August 04 11:08 BST (UK) »
Hello,  :D

I am sorry your posting has gone unanswered for so long.  :(

If you are able to give us an update we may be able to help.  Have you made any progress yet?

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 August 04 18:04 BST (UK) »
My only suggestion is that since they had a child in Scotland in 1861, then obtaining/viewing that certificate via the Scotlandspeople website

( www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk )
would at least tell you where they were married and when.  If it was in Scotland post 1855, you should then be able to trace a marriage certificate which will give both their parents names, but that may be a hope too far.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline McKillop

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 August 04 11:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you Kazza and little Nell
I did take the action that little Nell indicated some few weeks ago with the result that I got the birth  certificate from Scotland which led me to the place and day of their marriage in Ireland I am now awaiting a copy of this certificate by return of post.
What would we do without this forum? once again Thank you for ypur replies and interest
mcKillop