Author Topic: 1841 Middlesex - BROWN  (Read 606 times)

Offline redhead731

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
1841 Middlesex - BROWN
« on: Saturday 29 January 05 00:09 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Robert Brown and family.  He would have been about 40 years old at this time and is most likely a widower (his wife's name was Phillis Rablah Brown, but I believe she died in 1837).  Marriage took place in 1829 at Bloomsbury St. George.  Her death is listed in the district of Pancras.

Thanks for any help!

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Middlesex - BROWN
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 April 06 09:50 BST (UK) »
redhead

You don't need me to tell you that a Robert Brown wouldn't be uncommon............need to narrow it down a bit

was he born in Middlesex?
what was his occupation?
do you know of any children?
how do you know he would have been about 40 years old in 1841?

Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Andy J2022

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Middlesex - BROWN
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 July 22 19:02 BST (UK) »
Hi redhead731,

I know this is quite an old thread, but if you are still looking for more details about Robert Brown and family, take a look at this family history site: www.robley.org.uk and in particular the section on the Rablahs who originate in Barnard Castle following a name change from Robley. Robert's wife Phillis Rablah was the daughter of James and Mary Robley/Rablah.  Sadly there are no cited sources, but I have checked out a lot of the site's other stories and the sources do back up their research.