Author Topic: old photographs  (Read 1529 times)

Offline jenlouk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
old photographs
« on: Thursday 11 September 08 20:01 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know of anywhere that I can find old photographs of Caergwrle?  I am particularly interested in Alyn House [Otherwise known as Brewery House] as my grandfather William Jones worked there and I was born there, [prior to it being converted to flats] Also I would love to find a photo of the original chemists shop as my great uncle was Caergwrle's first chemist.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: old photographs
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 September 08 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen  :)

I know that the Clwyd FHS have produced a booklet on the old villages of Denbighshire & Flintshire -

http://www.clwydfhs.org.uk/

Also, if you Google Caergwrle and select Images, there are quite a few that come up.

It's the 'wrong' side of Wrexham for me to have much on my shelves but others  might have other suggestions  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jenlouk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: old photographs
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 September 08 18:41 BST (UK) »
Hello Gadget
,and thanks for looking, I think I have seen the book mentioned but not found anything of interest to me.  I have the book on Hope and Caergwrle but there are very few photo's of that period in it, i'll try the website though.
regards Jenny.