Author Topic: Dillon - McGuane -Mungovan- Keane-Connolly area  (Read 5456 times)

Offline crissouli

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Dillon - McGuane -Mungovan- Keane-Connolly area
« on: Saturday 29 January 05 05:44 GMT (UK) »
Has anyone  information on the Dillon family as follows...

Bridget Teresa Dillon. b. 1901, my g.mother.

Parents were Patrick Dillon and Ellen McGuane..I am looking for marriage dates, birth dates, anything at all, especially ancestors.

Bridget, known as Biddy, came to Australia when she was about 21, i.e. 1922, with her sister Molly (Mary). Brothers Jack (John) and Michael also came to Aust., but Michael returned to Clare.

Sister, Susie, went to New Zealand, had 2 daughters, one m. Lionel Bayliss.

Sister Margo and brother Tom, went to Buffalo, NY, as did Martin for a while (brother) but he returned to Clare.  Martin married Agnes (?), had a son , Tony and daughter , Teresa.....

Believe Martin died in 1999, aged 93, in Connolly, Clare.

There was also another sister, Helen, married Paddy Maloney.

Anyone know of them? ::)
NB.
I have now had contact with my mother's cousin and her son, daughter & grandson of Michael, Biddy's brother, and am slowly gathering information.  I know that Patrick's father was also called Michael, and he married Bridget Keane, in 1838. The family have lived in or near Connolly for some time. I 'm still searching for any other information that I can get, and would appreciate hearing from any other relatives, or anyone who knew, or knows of the family.

Thanks, Crissouli